Questions about coaching?

Moderator: Moderators

doogie
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: undecided

coach needed

Post by doogie »

I am going to be looking at getting some advice on my game, mainly approach and release since in the past few months, with my 52# of weight loss has caused me to be inconsistent with my swing , release, and approach. I had heard Del Ballard is good to work with. He is only about 250 miles from my town. Any comments? I had also talked to a lady that had been to Mark Baker for help. But being in Ca, that's a bit for me to go. Thanks for any advice.
Passed April 14, 2019.
Rest in Peace.
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: coach needed

Post by JMerrell »

I moved your post here in order that the entire community could help you out.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
Trojanz

Post by Trojanz »

I had a 1 hour session with Mark Baker. I got much more out of his book then I did the session.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

I am going to be looking at getting some advice on my game, mainly approach and release since in the past few months, with my 52# of weight loss has caused me to be inconsistent with my swing , release, and approach. I had heard Del Ballard is good to work with. He is only about 250 miles from my town. Any comments? I had also talked to a lady that had been to Mark Baker for help. But being in Ca, that's a bit for me to go. Thanks for any advice.

Doogie, just for fun, I thought I'd see if the Bowlers Journal top 100 coaches lists were on the web and I found some.

You might consider adding what neck of the woods you were in. :)

Sooooooooo
I thought I'd add these links to Bowlers Journals Top 100 coaches so that you might see if any of these folks are nearby your area. I did note that Del is on the 2012 list.
Not that I know any of the coaches, but you might also try reaching out to some for their recommendations too.

Jim Merrell is there too. Is that 8 in a row Jim?

2006 thru 2011
http://www.bowlersjournal.com/?page_id=754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bowlersjournal.com/?p=6928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doogie, how are you feeling? How is your health? Are you on any special regimens or rehab protocols?

Trojanz wrote:I had a 1 hour session with Mark Baker. I got much more out of his book then I did the session.
T, I'm curious about your session with Mark.

How long ago was it.
What details do you recall about the session?
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John