Questions about coaching?

Moderator: Moderators

yupraypraylo
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Changing bevel???

Post by yupraypraylo »

Hey all,

Over the weekend I attended the Brunswick mini-day camp in NJ. It was sweet. Being a bit more advanced, I learned bits and pieces of things from the seminar. Small, but useful information. Mike Machuga had talked about changing the bevel of his thumb with tape. Can anyone explain that to me? From what I got out of it, he would "smooth" out the top of the thumbhole by adding tape to the top, or reduce by lowering the tape in the hole. Let me know how to adjust tape to change bevel please :)!

Thank you all,

John
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: Changing bevel???

Post by JMerrell »

Hi John,
Definitely a topic for personal opinion, therefore I moved you question here in order that the entire forum could respond.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
Graaille

Re: Changing bevel???

Post by Graaille »

If I'm reading the statement correctly, Chugs is just doing a normal taping technique - adding one piece of tape just slightly lower than the previous one so the 'bevel' is inside the hole instead of the actual removing of ball material by beveling the hole itself. The tape will 'give' more than the ball will, so it has less chance of damaging the thumb, plus it allows the thumb to be snugged up more. The one caveat is that adding more and more tape at the front (palm side) of the thumb hole will, by necessity, change your span and pitch ever so slightly.
Back into Blogging: http://lifeasjasonharris.blogspot.com/ 80% Bowling, 100% me. (oh hold while working on several other projects -- sorry)

The Gathering 2k16, Winston Salem, NC, July 29-31. Just ask me for more info.