MattCosta7
THS Average: 200
Heavy Oil Ball: Mania 40* x 4.25" x 30* P3.5 1000 Sia
Medium Oil Ball: Evil Siege 45 x 4 x 35* 2000
Light Oil Ball: Cherry Vibe 50* x 4.5" x 45* P2 4000 + FF + Extender
Preferred Company: MoRich, Hammer, Roto, Bruns

Tips on staying inside the ball / how to avoid turning early

Post by MattCosta7 »

Does anyone have any tips for keeping the hand inside the ball? I have been working for soe time on training myself to stay on the inside of the ball through the swing and release, but have as of yet had trouble consistently applying this approach. When it's right, I can feel it off my hand immedietly, but I have trouble consistently doing so.

Is there anything you do to practice this specifically? What do you focus on. Typically, for myself, it's mostly imitating the feel of a backup ball, but 7/10 times I will initiate turn way too early despite my efforts not to.

What are your tricks for getting this to sink in. I know time and practice quantity/quality are the most important means of learning, but what will help this to "sink" in quicker?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Tips on staying inside the ball / how to avoid turning early

Post by Mo Pinel »

MattCosta7 wrote:Does anyone have any tips for keeping the hand inside the ball? I have been working for soe time on training myself to stay on the inside of the ball through the swing and release, but have as of yet had trouble consistently applying this approach. When it's right, I can feel it off my hand immedietly, but I have trouble consistently doing so.

Is there anything you do to practice this specifically? What do you focus on. Typically, for myself, it's mostly imitating the feel of a backup ball, but 7/10 times I will initiate turn way too early despite my efforts not to.

What are your tricks for getting this to sink in. I know time and practice quantity/quality are the most important means of learning, but what will help this to "sink" in quicker?
Seeing your numbers on your profile. Performance fitting like I did for Slap would probably do the most good. Send me a video and your grip specs and I'll fix it like I did for Slap.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)