Is too much hand on inside during swing detrimental??

Questions about coaching?

Moderator: Moderators

GunsTariq
Preferred Company: N/A

Is too much hand on inside during swing detrimental??

Post by GunsTariq »

I remember listening during the World Series Of Bowling a couple of weeks back where someone asked Xtraframe the question should you really have your hand as far on the inside part of the ball during the approach and swing. One of the guys responded saying you should not be far extremely far on the inside because you can potentially sacrifice accuracy. I can't remember verbatim but he was explaining something along the line of if you are too much on the inside part of the ball, during the downswing your elbow will fly out away from you.

What is your take on that?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Is too much hand on inside during swing detrimental??

Post by Mo Pinel »

GunsTariq wrote:I remember listening during the World Series Of Bowling a couple of weeks back where someone asked Xtraframe the question should you really have your hand as far on the inside part of the ball during the approach and swing. One of the guys responded saying you should not be far extremely far on the inside because you can potentially sacrifice accuracy. I can't remember verbatim but he was explaining something along the line of if you are too much on the inside part of the ball, during the downswing your elbow will fly out away from you.

What is your take on that?
The hand MUST be on the inside of the ball for the release to be effective. How far on the inside is different for every bowler and what motion they are trying to achieve.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)