Board index » Coaching Forums » Coaching Discussion

Post subject: Looking for Coach in Brandon Florida
 Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:56 am Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Hello,
I just moved to Valrico, Florida this past fall and I'm looking for a coach in the area. I'm stationed at MacDill AFB so that could be a possibility too if you're out that way. I'm 41 and been bowling for fun for a couple years and would like to learn more so I can start bowling in leagues and tournaments. Thanks for your help

Post subject: Re: Looking for Coach in Brandon Florida
 Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:50 pm Post Number: #2 Post

44boyd wrote:
Hello,
I just moved to Valrico, Florida this past fall and I'm looking for a coach in the area. I'm stationed at MacDill AFB so that could be a possibility too if you're out that way. I'm 41 and been bowling for fun for a couple years and would like to learn more so I can start bowling in leagues and tournaments. Thanks for your help

I just checked on Google Maps, and you're only a little over an hour away from Lake Wales, which is the location of the Kegel Training Center. Yea, it's expensive, but you'll receive some of the best coaching in the world there. I'd love to live so close! You wouldn't have to worry about plane tickets, a rental car or a hotel room.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:29 am Post Number: #3 Post

pjape wrote:

I just checked on Google Maps, and you're only a little over an hour away from Lake Wales, which is the location of the Kegel Training Center. Yea, it's expensive, but you'll receive some of the best coaching in the world there. I'd love to live so close! You wouldn't have to worry about plane tickets, a rental car or a hotel room.

yeah i looked into that and I'm considering it, maybe if the forum does a group trip i could go. Was just seeing if someone was local that I could afford instead of having to wait a while before I could go there. Thank you

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:17 pm Post Number: #4 Post

If anyone is interested, I found bronze level certified coach Bob Weinberg. Had one lesson so far and he's hit on the importance of slowing down my feet and learning to change surfaces to match me up better. Anyone in the East Tampa/Brandon area can reach him at 813-716-3641.
Stacy

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:30 am Post Number: #5 Post
Certified Coach

Reputation Power: 2
Great news that you found a coach! Remember to practice the drills he gave you so that next time you see him you can work on another thing and keep improving. Did he take video and show it to you (side and rear view)? Video is great because you can see yourself in slow motion and understand what you are doing.

If you have the chance visit Kegel, it will be the best money you spend in bowling. After your first visit you get a discount. If I lived in Florida I would be there for a lesson every 3 months and practice whenever I had the chance. 4hrs of practice for $55, that's $12.50 an hour plus you can always ask a question or two. Once you go there for the first time you will understand.

Axis Tilt - 3* (yikes!!!)
Axis Rotation - depends on what I want the ball to do

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 pm Post Number: #6 Post

He used the coaches eye and filmed me from behind, I'll have him tape the side next time. He's not trying to make me fit a mold but tweak what I have, which I like so far. He taught me a simple but effective spare system to use which my percentage has gone up instantly. I'm looking to get my layouts known and find my specs so I can ask y'all what drillings I should go to and/or new balls to get to help me develop a small sport arsenal. I'm hoping to get picked up for summer league and start the Tampa area Elite Bowlers Tour. Just looking to improve

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:20 pm Post Number: #7 Post
Certified Coach

Reputation Power: 6
If you know of a coach you'd recommend, please add that coach to the forum Map via the "Map" button above.

http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html

"Democracy dies in darkness"
"An ever vigilant press is the guardian of a free society."
E-books are convenient, but easily changed or removed.
John

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:24 pm Post Number: #8 Post

Reputation Power: 4
44boyd wrote:
If anyone is interested, I found bronze level certified coach Bob Weinberg. Had one lesson so far and he's hit on the importance of slowing down my feet and learning to change surfaces to match me up better. Anyone in the East Tampa/Brandon area can reach him at 813-716-3641.
Stacy

Just to note Bob Weinberg is "tampabaybob" on here, though he hasn't posted in a long time.

Board index » Coaching Forums » Coaching Discussion