THS Average: 200
Heavy Oil Ball: Brunswick Mastermind
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Hyroad Pearl
Light Oil Ball: Radical Rack Attack Cherry Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical

On Lane Targeting Tool

Post by bowlaj »

I want to build a on lane targeting tool and saw this post:

I started with 1/2 inch PVC pipe (if you wanted it a little more heavy duty go with 1 inch). I purchased 2 - 90 degree elbows, 2 "T" fittings and 1 - 10 foot section of the PVC pipe.

Cut down pipe to 1 - 47 inch section, 2 - 16 inch sections and 4 - 10 inch sections. That will use all but about 1 inch of the pipe that you can just toss in the trash.

Take the 90 degree elbows and attach them to both sides of the 47 inch pipe.

Then attach the 16 inch sections for pipe to the opp side of the 90 degree elbows so that both are facing down in the same direction.

Attach the middle of the "T" fitting the other other end of each one of the 16 inch pipes.

Last step is the attach the 4 - 10 inch sections to the 2 openings on the "T" fittings to make the feet.

Now all you need to do is get some string, rope, rag or whatever will work for you so you can see it at the lanes. I am using some neon orange string that construction workers use to rope off for laying concrete.

Actually I wanted to make something that didn't sit in the gutters...and saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhNIFkw2BhM

...emailed him while trying to figure it out!
Click my green + rep button if this helps!

USBC Bronze Coach

PBA60-Radical Staffer wannabe
steve s
Preferred Company: none

Re: On Lane Targeting Tool

Post by steve s »

bowlaj wrote:I want to build a on lane targeting tool and saw this post:

I started with 1/2 inch PVC pipe (if you wanted it a little more heavy duty go with 1 inch). I purchased 2 - 90 degree elbows, 2 "T" fittings and 1 - 10 foot section of the PVC pipe.

Cut down pipe to 1 - 47 inch section, 2 - 16 inch sections and 4 - 10 inch sections. That will use all but about 1 inch of the pipe that you can just toss in the trash.

Take the 90 degree elbows and attach them to both sides of the 47 inch pipe.

Then attach the 16 inch sections for pipe to the opp side of the 90 degree elbows so that both are facing down in the same direction.

Attach the middle of the "T" fitting the other other end of each one of the 16 inch pipes.

Last step is the attach the 4 - 10 inch sections to the 2 openings on the "T" fittings to make the feet.

Now all you need to do is get some string, rope, rag or whatever will work for you so you can see it at the lanes. I am using some neon orange string that construction workers use to rope off for laying concrete.

Actually I wanted to make something that didn't sit in the gutters...and saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhNIFkw2BhM

...emailed him while trying to figure it out!

I used colored strips of paper and different lengths to create a margin of error as skill level went up...Steve S
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: On Lane Targeting Tool

Post by kajmk »

bowlaj, thanks for posting this and providing the documentation.
Thanks to steve s for noting his enhancement.

A link to this topic was added to the wiki.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ng_devices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take care.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John