USBC Bowling Videos

Questions about coaching?

Moderator: Moderators

Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

USBC Bowling Videos

Post by Dustin »

Was on youtube and came across USBC Bowling Academy. I have watched a couple and they seem very informative and worth a watch. Just wanted to throw it out there and see what other thoughts are about them.
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: USBC Bowling Videos

Post by kajmk »

Thanks for posting this Dustin.

First a positive comment. I'm glad the USBC established (or reestablished) an instructional focal point.
They have in the past had some of these videos scattered withing their website and folks had to hunt, peck, and sometimes stumble upon the information. Creating a cyber wing dedicated to education is a positive step and welcomed enhancement.
The material is good and the people are top notch. Many of our members and lurkers will already be acquainted with the concepts, but certainly no one knows it all and everyone can benefit from different perspectives.
I would recommend that many folks check it out.
I was happy to see they kept the Bohannon material (physical trainer).
Years ago, the ABC magazine had a Bronze, Silver, and Gold, tips page, not a bad idea and perhaps the USBC might think of applying that to the web page.

Here's where I have a problem and perhaps its just me being ignorant and a Scrooge McDuck.

[youtube][/youtube]

While there is a lot of free material, it is the carrot on the string. There are videos designated as
premium.
Capture.JPG
Perhaps I'm being narrow minded but I don't think the USBC should be charging folks for this.
Now I've been away from bowling for a while as a participant, and frankly do not know what the annual dues are and how they are applied.
This material should be free to anyone who has sanctioned as a USBC member. The old ABC magazine was included.

The USBC is missing an educational opportunity here. Granted, the material is conveniently located, but a lot of similar and in superior material is already available for free. A lot of it right here.
While I do believe in capitalism because it's the most viable and practical system given the ostensible nature of man, organizations such as the USBC should be fostering the advancement of it's members and growing the sport.

Now if they included vouchers for coaching at main street USA, that might assuage the situation.
They could work out a quid pro quo relationship with local coaches or bowling centers (bring back the house pro)

Despite my negative slant on this, I'd still like to see bowling centers promulgate the USBC academy
as I see many who would benefit from the free material every time I walk into a center and it kills me.

Again, thanks to Dustin for posting this information.
That's my initial take on the matter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Re: USBC Bowling Videos

Post by Dustin »

I did not know they were charging for this also! Thanks for the heads up kajmk. USBC members shoud be able the view this for free or maybe $1/ month. Would go a long way in the PR department not to mention the ever growing need to educate bowlers on the modern game.
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson