Looking for NWI coach

Questions about coaching?

Moderator: Moderators

MrSilkySheets
Preferred Company: Radical- my first and only

Looking for NWI coach

Post by MrSilkySheets »

I'm looking for a coach in the northwest indiana region.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Looking for NWI coach

Post by kajmk »

Off the top of my head, for a starter -
Here's a thought, Vincennes University is in Indiana and has a good bowling program.
You might try sending an email to the coach for suggestions.

The forum map is underdeveloped so if you do find one you'd recommend, please add him to the Map or at least create a post asking to have the coach added.

http://athletics.vinu.edu/content/bowling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://athletics.vinu.edu/content/bowli ... ary-sparks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck and take care.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
MrSilkySheets
Preferred Company: Radical- my first and only

Post by MrSilkySheets »

Thank you for the suggestions. If I do come across someone I will be sure to stick him in on the barren land that is indiana on the map lol.

I found a couple through the USBC coach search, but the 2 nearest to me have passed away/retired. There is also the problem that 95% of those certified on the website do not leave contact information.

I am gathering the courage to ask my wife if it is ok for me to travel 40 miles to the nearest coach.... I have only been bowling for a month now, but the sport has already captured my heart. The only way I have been able to train myself is by recording myself and playing the video side by side with slomo youtube videos. I wish the people in my area were more friendly.... Or I may tape the words "please coach me" on my back next time I go to the alley.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Since you have been recording yourself, consider submitting video sets on the Certified Coaching forum.
Before you do that, be sure your videos are compliant with the recommendations on the wiki article at
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... e_Coaching" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some folks travel quite a bit for quality coaching.
You can pick up pointers on the wiki and perusing some of Jim Merrells analysis.
A few thoughts, the Mona Lisa was painted one stroke at a time.
Don't lose sight of the fact that easy conditions mask our flaws.
Read Jim's signature line.
The sport is really predicated on accuracy and repeatability, power is a nice spice but without the to other two it's practically useless.
Build your game on solid fundamentals just like the base of a pyramid as Dick Ritger espouses.
I will now descend from my soap box.
Do consider posting some videos.

Take care.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
halfaclue
THS Average: 212
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 x 1/8 up
Speed: 19 off hand
Rev Rate: 405
Axis Tilt: 18
Axis Rotation: 65*
Heavy Oil Ball: REAX Version 2
Medium Oil Ball: Yeti Untamed
Light Oil Ball: Grease monkey
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by halfaclue »

Welcome to the love of my life, and I am happy to share her with you. I travel 28 ,miles for league, traveling 40 miles to learn to enjoy the sport even more, seems like a no brainier to me, but that's me.

I would also recommend putting a side and back video up, as described at the top of the certified coaching forum. Jim is excellent and thorough.
Dan

Ball speed: 19 mph (off hand)
Tilt: 18*
Rotation: 55*