Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 90
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Domination XTacy
Medium Oil Ball: Seismic Desperado
Light Oil Ball: Lane #1 Chainsaw
Preferred Company: Storm,Brunswick,Lane#1

Re: Layout advice for low speed/revdominant bowler

Post by the pooh »

Thanks everyone for your help! I will try these suggestions. I may never be the bowler I used to be, but I want to get back as much as I can, with what I can do now! :(
the pooh
THS Average: 174
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4> 3/8^
Speed: 12
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 90
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Domination XTacy
Medium Oil Ball: Seismic Desperado
Light Oil Ball: Lane #1 Chainsaw
Preferred Company: Storm,Brunswick,Lane#1

Re: Layout advice for low speed/revdominant bowler

Post by the pooh »

Thank you Mo! I used your numbers for symmetric dilling today.I drilled my red/silver Slingshot today. I put 20 games on it on a two day old house shot left over from league AND open play. It was GREAT! I can vouch that it is nowhere near as strong as a Freeze,as I''ve owned one of those for several months. The Freeze is a great ball,but not really for the kind of dry I encounter. The Slingshot got good length and saved energy for the back. I actually like it better than the two Avalanches I''ve owned(blue Pearl and Green/Black) because it does what I had hoped the Avalanches would do but didn''t = get down the lane! I am extremely rev dominant due to Parkinson''s Disease and very low ball speed. I have been stuck using almost exclusively urethane and a Chainsaw and a Starburst XXXL. This is even better than the Chainsaw,and that is a great dry lane piece! I was able to play 30 to 10 at the breakpoint with 90* axis rotation, or play straight up 17 with maybe 25-35*. I did scuff the surface mildly with a gray Scotchbrite. The ball hits great!
--------------------