I need a new sweet spot

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

I need a new sweet spot

Post by elgavachon »

I have changed my axis tilt and rotation so now I need a new sweet spot. My old axis tilt was 10* with low rotation slightly speed dominant. Speed was 20 off the hand. PAP was 4 7/8 with 1/2inch up Mo gave me 75* 3.25 25* with a P3 wt hole for my basic all around ball. He said dual thumbs were invented just for me. and to stay away from polish. Use mostly asymmetrics

I now have Pap 4 1/2 over 1 1/2 up measured on a mojave
17 * tilt
45* rotation
17 mph off hand
not sure about revs but I would guess almost equal

I could use all the input. Especially basic layout
thanks
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: I need a new sweet spot

Post by Mo Pinel »

elgavachon wrote:I have changed my axis tilt and rotation so now I need a new sweet spot. My old axis tilt was 10* with low rotation slightly speed dominant. Speed was 20 off the hand. PAP was 4 7/8 with 1/2inch up Mo gave me 75* 3.25 25* with a P3 wt hole for my basic all around ball. He said dual thumbs were invented just for me. and to stay away from polish. Use mostly asymmetrics

I now have Pap 4 1/2 over 1 1/2 up measured on a mojave
17 * tilt
45* rotation
17 mph off hand
not sure about revs but I would guess almost equal

I could use all the input. Especially basic layout
thanks
That's a big change from your old delivery specs. How'd you do it? With those specs, I like 40 / 4 / 35 with a P3 hole as your "benchmark" layout. Your "sweet spot" becomes 75 + 25*.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
cgeorg
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 x 1/2

Post by cgeorg »

Just trying to understand this sweet spot... Is there still a factor of speed dominance? I'm not sure what the old rev measurement was. I realize the higher tilt and slightly higher (do you consider 45* high? I usually think of 30-40 to be "average") axis rotation will pull the numbers down a bit, but I would have figured it would be in the 85 degree range, given matched speed and revs...

Thanks for giving your feedback on our "guesses" Mo. It helps us help others when they can't get to you.
CMGBB - Bowling tips
BowlSK - Bowling score keeper and stats tracker
My BowlSK

That my boy... that's pro quality.
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

Mo asks:

That's a big change from your old delivery specs. How'd you do it? With those specs, I like 40 / 4 / 35 with a P3 hole as your "benchmark" layout. Your "sweet spot" becomes 75 + 25*.

El Gavachon:

When I first started bowling, I damaged my bowling hand in an unrelated bowling accident. The tendons in my ring finger had always bothered me so I have been using pointing finger and middle finger. I threw someone elses ball and got away with using my ring finger. After all the information on this site, I knew I could use a performance fit. I pitched the middle finger 3/4 reverse and my ring finger 15/16 reverse . Only information I could find on the switch was to add 1/16 to the span for every 3/8 extra reverse on fingers from a Bill Taylor book so I added 1/8 of an inch to my span of 4 1/2 both fingers. I have less speed because I am using my ring finger. I may get it back if I don't hurt it. I have very stiff joints anyway. A 90* hinge wet thumb 2 1/2 inches long. Finger fan chart gave me 18*. 1/8 left lateral grabbing a can. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME and my new sweet spot.