Positive Axis Point: 4 3/16 inches over by 3/8 inches up
Speed: ~15.75
Rev Rate: 270
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Dimension
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Gravity Shift
Preferred Company: Storm

Dry Lane Ball Layout Request

Post by n00dlejester »

Hey guys, first time poster. I've been lurking for a few days and decided to give it a go. Some of the information here is absolutely amazing, and I look forward to passing the information on to my bowling buddies.

Now, onto business. I have a pretty good arsenal from I'd say heavy oil down to medium-light oil. I have a urethane and plastic ball for the extreme dry, but I've been having trouble finding a reactive resin ball to combat drier lane conditions when the urethane just isn't enough. In the past, I have had a Storm Jolt Pearl and a Roto-Grip Neptune. I tried both balls with various layouts and surfaces, but have always found this unbelievable over/under reaction. For whatever reason, I just never seem to match up well with those high RG/low differential cores.

So, I come here looking for advice on a layout for my next drier lane ball, the Hammer Blue Vibe. My father has one, and it's amazing. So, I found a good deal on a used one locally and now it's just a matter of how I lay it out.

About me:
Hand: Righty
Speed: 15.5 - 16.5 based on qubica machines
Revs: ~265
Initial Axis Rotation: I don't know
Initial Axis Tilt: I don't know
Synthetic lane surface
I normally bowl on a 39 foot typical house shot. I'm looking to have this ball be solid for second shifts on that pattern, and later in tournament blocks.
I am more speed dominant
My PAP is 4 3/16 in. over, and 3/8 in. up.
Somebody suggested to me a shorter pin distance (2.5 inches pin to PAP) with an x-hole as needed. I'm curious to see what you guys think.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Dry Lane Ball Layout Request

Post by elgavachon »

here is a chart to find your axis tilt and rotation.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... verlay.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if you measure the distance across the first oil ring (closest to your holes) and subtract that distance from 13 1/2 you can figure out your tilt. just multiply 3.33 times every 1/2 inch difference.
Last edited by MegaMav on March 30th, 2010, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited link for correctness
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

n00dlejester wrote:Hey guys, first time poster. I've been lurking for a few days and decided to give it a go. Some of the information here is absolutely amazing, and I look forward to passing the information on to my bowling buddies.

Now, onto business. I have a pretty good arsenal from I'd say heavy oil down to medium-light oil. I have a urethane and plastic ball for the extreme dry, but I've been having trouble finding a reactive resin ball to combat drier lane conditions when the urethane just isn't enough. In the past, I have had a Storm Jolt Pearl and a Roto-Grip Neptune. I tried both balls with various layouts and surfaces, but have always found this unbelievable over/under reaction. For whatever reason, I just never seem to match up well with those high RG/low differential cores.

So, I come here looking for advice on a layout for my next drier lane ball, the Hammer Blue Vibe. My father has one, and it's amazing. So, I found a good deal on a used one locally and now it's just a matter of how I lay it out.

About me:
Hand: Righty
Speed: 15.5 - 16.5 based on qubica machines
Revs: ~265
Initial Axis Rotation: I don't know
Initial Axis Tilt: I don't know
Synthetic lane surface
I normally bowl on a 39 foot typical house shot. I'm looking to have this ball be solid for second shifts on that pattern, and later in tournament blocks.
I am more speed dominant
My PAP is 4 3/16 in. over, and 3/8 in. up.
Somebody suggested to me a shorter pin distance (2.5 inches pin to PAP) with an x-hole as needed. I'm curious to see what you guys think.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)
Thanks for joining, but I need initial axis rotation and initial axis tilt to be effective. See what you can do to find it out and post it. I will respond promptly.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
n00dlejester
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/16 inches over by 3/8 inches up
Speed: ~15.75
Rev Rate: 270
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Dimension
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Gravity Shift
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by n00dlejester »

Thanks for the information and help guys. I'll try to get those pieces of information to you by the weekend.