which layouts are good for over under patterns

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

bdooley9

which layouts are good for over under patterns

Post by bdooley9 »

would like to know what layouts I could use to play on my house shot. bowling last night 8 guys start at 13 or and out. the shot changed after 5 frames, no big deal. by game 3 I'am the only one playing insided of 13. here's what is tough for me, to carry here you really need to play as straight as you can. if I flatin my hand out the ball it's flat. if you pull the ball you can miss the (1-3) pocket to the right, swing it to far, u can miss. But if you hit the 8,9,10 to early it's through the face. the one guy that deos bowl well on it (avg 230) falls of the ball( allways steps to the right) and turns the ball early. thinking of laying balls out like 50X4.5/50 kinda lost.

thanks Brandon Dooley speed 19.2 rev rate 360-380
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: which layouts are good for over under patterns

Post by Mo Pinel »

bdooley9 wrote:would like to know what layouts I could use to play on my house shot. bowling last night 8 guys start at 13 or and out. the shot changed after 5 frames, no big deal. by game 3 I'am the only one playing insided of 13. here's what is tough for me, to carry here you really need to play as straight as you can. if I flatin my hand out the ball it's flat. if you pull the ball you can miss the (1-3) pocket to the right, swing it to far, u can miss. But if you hit the 8,9,10 to early it's through the face. the one guy that deos bowl well on it (avg 230) falls of the ball( allways steps to the right) and turns the ball early. thinking of laying balls out like 50X4.5/50 kinda lost.

thanks Brandon Dooley speed 19.2 rev rate 360-380
Fill out ALL the requested info. I know we did PAP and tilt at Elsie's.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
bdooley9

Post by bdooley9 »

Ok here you go Mo, sorry it took a few days. pap is 5-1/4 over 1/2 up, and my tilt is about 17 degres. Ball speed is 19.2 and my rev rate is 360-380. speed and reve rete are taking off the CATS data from reno. it seems that if I rotate the early it seems to stay on line, but finish is weak. Don't care to come around the ball like that and for some reason if you hit light or high flush it carry's better. not sure ahy that is.

thanks
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

bdooley9 wrote:Ok here you go Mo, sorry it took a few days. pap is 5-1/4 over 1/2 up, and my tilt is about 17 degres. Ball speed is 19.2 and my rev rate is 360-380. speed and reve rete are taking off the CATS data from reno. it seems that if I rotate the early it seems to stay on line, but finish is weak. Don't care to come around the ball like that and for some reason if you hit light or high flush it carry's better. not sure ahy that is.

thanks
First thing we want to do is rotate ALL your pitches 3/16"R, including the thumb. That's a performance to prevent you from turning the ball early. For the THS you're bowling on, I recommend the following: 40 / 5 / 50 with a P1 hole. It will give you an early midlane reaction that won't over react to the oil. That layout will not work when you're trying to open up the lane. Drill a ball with the pitch changes I recommended and the layout and let me know how it rolls.
bdooley9

Post by bdooley9 »

what ball do you think would be good how about a craze
we changed all my pitches at elsie's that day.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

bdooley9 wrote:what ball do you think would be good how about a craze
we changed all my pitches at elsie's that day.
Craze would be good. What are the lateral finger and thumb pitches that I gave you @ Elsie's?
bdooley9

Post by bdooley9 »

[color=#FFFFBF][color=#0040BF]middle 5/16 left and 1/16 forward ring is 9/16 right and 1/16 reverse

span is 4 11/16 on both and thumb is 1/16 reverse and 1/8 right.

I have drilled a few but I put both finger's at 1/16 reverse and the thumb at an 1/8 reverse no lateral pitch in thumb. only because I was little scared of hurting my wrist. I torn the cartlige in there and have elected to not have surgery, trying to find out if it's really going to hurt. I believe it will be ok. less pain is allways better. be back on in an hour or so have to go to the shop for a bit.
thanks MO
[/color[/color]]
bdooley9

Post by bdooley9 »

going to post the sheet that you passed out on the side of the shop so, if any would like to get on the site know's how to get there. if that is all right
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

bdooley9 wrote:[color=#FFFFBF][color=#0040BF]middle 5/16 left and 1/16 forward ring is 9/16 right and 1/16 reverse

span is 4 11/16 on both and thumb is 1/16 reverse and 1/8 right.

I have drilled a few but I put both finger's at 1/16 reverse and the thumb at an 1/8 reverse no lateral pitch in thumb. only because I was little scared of hurting my wrist. I torn the cartlige in there and have elected to not have surgery, trying to find out if it's really going to hurt. I believe it will be ok. less pain is allways better. be back on in an hour or so have to go to the shop for a bit.
thanks MO
[/color[/color]]
By not following my recommendations, I'm off the hook. Not what we want. Please drill the fingers with my for/rev pitches. Or do you think I'm not good enough at it. Use 1/8"L lateral in the MF; 3/4"R lateral in the RF; 1/8"R lateral in the thumb. Have faith, grasshopper. I'll take the heat. The next CC and water is on you.
bdooley9

Post by bdooley9 »

:lol: well don't really have any response to that. when your right your right. funny that line never works for me. loved that line, I may have to use that. so should change the laterl pitch in my finger to that 1/8 and 3/4. And because you are good, and have more knowlege then I. I'am got to ask why the pitch change.

And no I'am not just being a ****. think the next few cc and water's are on me
Last edited by MegaMav on March 27th, 2010, 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited for profanity
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

bdooley9 wrote::lol: well don't really have any response to that. when your right your right. funny that line never works for me. loved that line, I may have to use that. so should change the laterl pitch in my finger to that 1/8 and 3/4. And because you are good, and have more knowlege then I. I'am got to ask why the pitch change.

And no I'am not just being a ****. think the next few cc and water's are on me
Please follow the lateral pitches I recommended in my post. It's my best advice.
bdooley9

Post by bdooley9 »

thanks Mo I will do that. sorry about the last message don't know what the astrikes are for, must have hit a wrong key. Will try that out and let you know how the ball rolls. thanks again hope to see you soon