Pro Shop
THS Average: 190
Axis Rotation: Vary
Medium Oil Ball: Absolute Domination
Preferred Company: Columbia300, Storm

Long sport pattern

Post by huntweener »

Just hyjacking the post,
in which category does the long sport pattern fall (the ones used in International competitions like the World Championships)?
I think the are more like medium.
What kind of reaction should I drill a ball for these patterns?
I'm probably will play at the World Champs in August in Munich, so I'm looking to drill some balls for that Tournament.

Thanks

(Sorry for bad English)
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Dual Angle Match-up

Post by MegaMav »

Try not to hijack posts by changing the subject randomly.
I split your post off of the original topic.
MattCosta7
THS Average: 200
Heavy Oil Ball: Mania 40* x 4.25" x 30* P3.5 1000 Sia
Medium Oil Ball: Evil Siege 45 x 4 x 35* 2000
Light Oil Ball: Cherry Vibe 50* x 4.5" x 45* P2 4000 + FF + Extender
Preferred Company: MoRich, Hammer, Roto, Bruns

Re: Long sport pattern

Post by MattCosta7 »

What are your speed, revrate, rotation and tilt?

These are very important to list when asking for layout assistance
huntweener
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by huntweener »

Okay, first of all I'm sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Let's try that again.

I'm trying get as many information as I can on this forum, but I will need much more time to fully understand all of this, and I'm running out of time slowly. :)
As I wrote before I will probably participate in the World Championships this Summer and I would like to become familiar with some information needed to have a good chance as far as Equipment goes.
So, generally what should I look for on the long and short patterns in terms of ball reaction, what type of ball would work (cover, core) and with this "ball transitions " thing. :)

I will ask for exact ball recommendations and layouts later but for first , just like to understand the concept.
Will measure my specs tomorrow, but I think I have a good guess for most of the things

Right Handed
Pap around 5 1/2-7/8 and 1/2-3/4 up
Axis rotation : can vary between 15-60 degrees but 30-45 is my normal release I think
axis tilt Under 10*
Revrate: around 300
Speed : 16-17mph (measured by the pins)

Thanks for the help
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

huntweener wrote:Okay, first of all I'm sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Let's try that again.

I'm trying get as many information as I can on this forum, but I will need much more time to fully understand all of this, and I'm running out of time slowly. :)
As I wrote before I will probably participate in the World Championships this Summer and I would like to become familiar with some information needed to have a good chance as far as Equipment goes.
So, generally what should I look for on the long and short patterns in terms of ball reaction, what type of ball would work (cover, core) and with this "ball transitions " thing. :)

I will ask for exact ball recommendations and layouts later but for first , just like to understand the concept.
Will measure my specs tomorrow, but I think I have a good guess for most of the things

Right Handed
Pap around 5 1/2-7/8 and 1/2-3/4 up
Axis rotation : can vary between 15-60 degrees but 30-45 is my normal release I think
axis tilt Under 10*
Revrate: around 300
Speed : 16-17mph (measured by the pins)

Thanks for the help
Your English is good. Your info is now complete. The short pattern is extremely short and the long pattern is medium long according to the standards in the US. The volumes are not large.

Short pattern: Brunswick Avalanche Slide 90 / 4 1/2 / 50 with a P1 hole well polished

Long pattern: MoRich mania 55 / 3 1/4 / 25 with a P3 hole factory surface

Those are my first choices.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
huntweener
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by huntweener »

Thank You!

Previously I purchased a Virtual Gravity and a Hype Urethane for these conditions. These are waiting to be drilled.
Do You think I can manage with those or should I sell/change them?
Do You need some more info (maybe some video, current balls in the bag, etc.) to judge better?

I was thinking to get the Virtual for the long, as it seem to get a more angular finish compared to the balls I previously thought heavy Oil balls were, like the Warp Zone and similar. I couldn't get a strong finish out of them on longer volumes, probably my fault , maybe the layouts weren't correct. Still

As for the dry, I tried to sand some balls to read the lanes earlier to make the back part of the lane more controllable, but what I had in my bag either went still too long or moved way too much at the back. That's why I thought to have a urethane because of its control nature. I even managed to get an old Black Fab Hammer :) It could get in handy when the outside is totally broken up.

Hope I'm sort of in the right direction of preparing for the conditions.

Thanks again
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

huntweener wrote:Thank You!

Previously I purchased a Virtual Gravity and a Hype Urethane for these conditions. These are waiting to be drilled.
Do You think I can manage with those or should I sell/change them?
Do You need some more info (maybe some video, current balls in the bag, etc.) to judge better?

I was thinking to get the Virtual for the long, as it seem to get a more angular finish compared to the balls I previously thought heavy Oil balls were, like the Warp Zone and similar. I couldn't get a strong finish out of them on longer volumes, probably my fault , maybe the layouts weren't correct. Still

As for the dry, I tried to sand some balls to read the lanes earlier to make the back part of the lane more controllable, but what I had in my bag either went still too long or moved way too much at the back. That's why I thought to have a urethane because of its control nature. I even managed to get an old Black Fab Hammer :) It could get in handy when the outside is totally broken up.

Hope I'm sort of in the right direction of preparing for the conditions.

Thanks again
I would stick with reactive resin balls if it were me.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)