New ball advice

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
andymenke
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:59 pm

New ball advice

Post by andymenke » March 15th, 2010, 3:46 am

Hey, I'm looking for suggestions to replace my Roto-Grip Horizon, the ball wheel chewed it up beyond repair. Is there anything in the current Morich lineup that will replace it... it was drilled 60 * 5 * 25. I was considering a Nomad pearl, but if Morich has an option I may give it a shot. Thanks!

-Andy

LordOrange
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: February 13th, 2010, 12:41 am
THS Average: 214
Positive Axis Point: 5 7/16' up 1/8'
Speed: 17-19
Axis Tilt:
Axis Rotation: 45°
Heavy Oil Ball: Insane, Awesome Hook (retired), Quantum Raven, Mania
Medium Oil Ball: Intense, Jack Hammer, Twisted Fury, Awesome Revs,
Light Oil Ball: MoJave, Plastic, Urethane, Sahara, Lev RG response
Preferred Company: MoRich
Location: Suisun City CA

Re: New ball advice

Post by LordOrange » March 15th, 2010, 4:38 am

Just make sure that the ball driller knows/good with morich drillings to get best results.
Everyones Best ball should be their spare ball.
In the bag:
Mania, MoJave , LevRG Response, 'Nsane, Sahara, Special Edition Spare ball, Frenzy.
On the Bench:
'Ntense, Awesome Revs, & other MoRich Balls
Retired:
Awesome Hook, Awesome finish

User avatar
Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Posts: 10054
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 6:10 pm
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: New ball advice

Post by Mo Pinel » March 15th, 2010, 11:24 am

andymenke wrote:Hey, I'm looking for suggestions to replace my Roto-Grip Horizon, the ball wheel chewed it up beyond repair. Is there anything in the current Morich lineup that will replace it... it was drilled 60 * 5 * 25. I was considering a Nomad pearl, but if Morich has an option I may give it a shot. Thanks!

-Andy

MoRich doesn't make a symmetrical ball, but my best suggestion to get that type reaction is a FRENZY drilled 80 / 2 1/2 / 45 with a P1 or P2 hole. You will get continuous transition from that layout on that ball.

andymenke
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:59 pm

Re: New ball advice

Post by andymenke » March 15th, 2010, 3:24 pm

LordOrange wrote:Just make sure that the ball driller knows/good with morich drillings to get best results.
I lay them out myself using the dual angle technique and gradient line balance holes. Thanks for the reply!

Mo Pinel wrote:
MoRich doesn't make a symmetrical ball, but my best suggestion to get that type reaction is a FRENZY drilled 80 / 2 1/2 / 45 with a P1 or P2 hole. You will get continuous transition from that layout on that ball.
hmm... that sounds just interesting enough to try. I'll have Scott order one next week, thanks! Also... looking at the core of the Horizon it looks symmetrical, but mine had a marked MB (assuming that's what the "rotostar" is)... so I wasn't sure.

User avatar
Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Posts: 10054
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 6:10 pm
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: New ball advice

Post by Mo Pinel » March 15th, 2010, 7:58 pm

andymenke wrote: I lay them out myself using the dual angle technique and gradient line balance holes. Thanks for the reply!

hmm... that sounds just interesting enough to try. I'll have Scott order one next week, thanks! Also... looking at the core of the Horizon it looks symmetrical, but mine had a marked MB (assuming that's what the "rotostar" is)... so I wasn't sure.
I'm not sure either, but I can research it. I did and it's symmetrical. On the web at rotogrip.com, the diff. is not listed. So it is symmetrical as I suspected.

Post Reply