full roller layout

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: full roller layout

Post by elgavachon »

Nice work Steve! Have you been able to watch a full roller throw either one of these yet?
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

MathIsTruth wrote:The second part of the full roller layout study on symmetrical equipment is now finished and can be viewed on the wiki using the following link. Thank you again for the recommendation and the positive feedback. Please note the differences when using the aggressive layout between symmetrical and asymmetrical bowling balls.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ymmetrical" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Redrivercoach, I am glad to hear about your 3 friends and hope to hear back about the N'sane and the Storm Reign. enjoy...
Good work Steve, dont forget to protect the articles if you're done with them.
Graaille

Post by Graaille »

Hmmm, this makes me wonder. I've got a ball (LM Buzz) that I got in trade, and it appears to have a full roller layout. The pin is slightly (3/4") below and to the right of center grip, and has a weight hole that currently sits on my PAP (4.25 over by 1 up). I've had a bit more luck with that ball turning the corner for me than some other balls - and my current proshop guy just told me - "Full roller layout", but couldn't explain to me why it was turning the corner better for me than my regular layout balls.
Back into Blogging: http://lifeasjasonharris.blogspot.com/ 80% Bowling, 100% me. (oh hold while working on several other projects -- sorry)

The Gathering 2k16, Winston Salem, NC, July 29-31. Just ask me for more info.
purduepaul
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 over by 5/8" up
Speed: 19
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 65
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling

Post by purduepaul »

Great Job Steve, sorry wasnt around this week I was on my to do list the majority of it!
Paul Ridenour
former Sr Research Engineer at USBC
Radical Bowling Technologies Staffer
RedRiverCoach
THS Average: 185
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 over 3/8 up
Speed: 17.5
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Prodigy
Medium Oil Ball: awesome finish
Light Oil Ball: Reign
Preferred Company: Morich

Post by RedRiverCoach »

Steve I had to bring this back up,haven't talked to the man I drilled the Storm Reign for since the day after I drilled it.It has become his go to ball,after bowling forty years he bowled his first ever 300 first week of fall league,the week before he ended his last night of summer league with a 266.I drilled 2 balls for him before the new full roller layout using these to get his performance fit just right but the credit all goes to you,Mo and Paul thank you for your time gentlemen what this site brings to bowling is awesome

p.s.I feel like a kid who missed a year in school and is coming back trying to catch up to the rest of the class, wow a lot of great info over the summer
Laugh,Love, Live life's to short to hold grudges

In the bag
Storm Prodigy
Morich Awesome Finish
Storm Reign
Hammer Jigsaw
Columbia White dot
MathIsTruth
Industry Professional
Industry Professional
Preferred Company: MoRich/Radical

Post by MathIsTruth »

RedRiverCoach wrote:Steve I had to bring this back up,haven't talked to the man I drilled the Storm Reign for since the day after I drilled it.It has become his go to ball,after bowling forty years he bowled his first ever 300 first week of fall league,the week before he ended his last night of summer league with a 266.I drilled 2 balls for him before the new full roller layout using these to get his performance fit just right but the credit all goes to you,Mo and Paul thank you for your time gentlemen what this site brings to bowling is awesome

p.s.I feel like a kid who missed a year in school and is coming back trying to catch up to the rest of the class, wow a lot of great info over the summer
You just made my day and I owe you for the idea of the project anyways. Thank you for sharing this. I was glad I could help.

Steve Freshour
Mike Taylor
THS Average: 225
Preferred Company: any and all

Post by Mike Taylor »

Thanks for developing this drill. I also want to make a pitch for good bowlers to use this layout as an alternative to other early rolling drills even if they don't usually throw a full roller. I won a senior tournament today using a 16 lb Prodigy with the drill on last year's USBC pattern. Last week, I placed third in a senior tournament with the Cheetah pattern using the same ball. I haven't had much luck throwing up the boards since reactive balls came out but this really for me works with a suitcase type delivery. Thanks again.
MathIsTruth
Industry Professional
Industry Professional
Preferred Company: MoRich/Radical

Post by MathIsTruth »

Mike Taylor wrote:Thanks for developing this drill. I also want to make a pitch for good bowlers to use this layout as an alternative to other early rolling drills even if they don't usually throw a full roller. I won a senior tournament today using a 16 lb Prodigy with the drill on last year's USBC pattern. Last week, I placed third in a senior tournament with the Cheetah pattern using the same ball. I haven't had much luck throwing up the boards since reactive balls came out but this really for me works with a suitcase type delivery. Thanks again.

Congrats on the win!!!
russelldean
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 up 1/4
Speed: 20
Rev Rate: 400
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 60
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Post by russelldean »

Mike,
If you get to start playing up the boards again, i am staying home.......
Please click the Green Button, If i have been helpful..
bs300

Post by bs300 »

Is the new aggressive full roller layout the same if using a ball with an inverted core? I was thinking on trying it on a Victory Road and it looks as though the bottom of weight block is heavier.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

bs300 wrote:Is the new aggressive full roller layout the same if using a ball with an inverted core? I was thinking on trying it on a Victory Road and it looks as though the bottom of weight block is heavier.
No problem!
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)