nsane levrg drilling

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

dwayne1009
Preferred Company: morich

nsane levrg drilling

Post by dwayne1009 »

I just purchased a nsane levrg. It has 4.34 ounces of top wght. with a 3 in pin out.

My information PAP is 5 1/8 and 5/8 up. My axis tilt is between 3 to 7 degrees which is 12.5 to 13 inches of distance across my track. My ball speed is about 14.5 to 15 mph at the pin deck. Not sure of my rev rate. Here is my axis rotation is 90 degrees, a very high track.

Plan of using the ball on a typical house shot.

Let me know any possibilities of how to drill this.
Any help would be appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Last edited by dwayne1009 on March 7th, 2010, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: nsane levrg drilling

Post by elgavachon »

everybody is going to want your rev rate, axis rotation Put a piece of tape on your P.A.P. and describe what it looks like right off your hand and these guys can probably get a very good idea of what you need.
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

I just seen this in the wiki you might be able to use it
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

dwayne1009 wrote:I just purchased a nsane levrg. It has 4.34 ounces of top wght. with a 3 in pin out.

My information PAP is 5 1/8 and 5/8 up. My axis tilt is between 3 to 7 degrees which is 12.5 to 13 inches of distance across my track. My ball speed is about 14.5 to 15 mph at the pin deck. Not sure of my rev rate. Here is my axis rotation is 90 degrees, a very high track.

Thanks,
I just noticed you just edited in the details. Most of us are only paying attention to new posts. This website puts a red arrow just before the unread posts ( works great but we missed you filling in the details). I will take a guess at what I think you could do but please don't drill the ball until you hear from MO or Paul or STeve.
The next thing they will want to know is if the Pin, cg,& Mass bias indicator are in a straight line, or if cg is to the left or right. That is too make the static wts. easier to get legal with the top wt. They will want to know if you feel your rev rate matches your speed.

From how I interprete Paul's input, you will want larger angles with 1:1 ratios. for a house shot I would go long and smooth. I would guess if your speed & revs match, somewhere around 80* 4 50*.
I am guessing that will keep your pin slighty over the fingers to avoid thumping and put your top wt close to center. PLEASE DO NOT DRILL UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM MO,STEVE,PAUL, or someone who knows for sure.
Adrenaline
Positive Axis Point: 5>1^
Speed: 15.5
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 70
Medium Oil Ball: Pink Panther

Post by Adrenaline »

elgavachon wrote:I just seen this in the wiki you might be able to use it
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ltball.JPG
Is that chart intended to be used when comparing the look of the tape on your Pap? In order to find Axis Tilt/Rotation?
I've seen that image 3 times now, and am clueless as to what it applies to, lol.
MattInTheHat
THS Average: 201
Positive Axis Point: 4 9/16 -> 15/16 ^
Speed: 17-17.5 off hand
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: TR2
Medium Oil Ball: QZ1 / TX1
Light Oil Ball: RX1
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by MattInTheHat »

Adrenaline wrote: Is that chart intended to be used when comparing the look of the tape on your Pap? In order to find Axis Tilt/Rotation?

Yes it is.
MathIsTruth
Industry Professional
Industry Professional
Preferred Company: MoRich/Radical

Post by MathIsTruth »

Adrenaline wrote: Is that chart intended to be used when comparing the look of the tape on your Pap? In order to find Axis Tilt/Rotation?
I've seen that image 3 times now, and am clueless as to what it applies to, lol.
As you view the ball from directly behind the bowler, the grid can be used to estimate the axis tilt on the vertical axis and the axis rotation on the horizontal axis, depending upon the initial spin axis. Placing a piece of tape on the original PAP will help determine the location of the initial spin axis.

Spherical geometry distorts the scale on the side of the ball, for example look at an axis rotation of 30 and 35 degrees compared with an axis rotation of 75 and 80. This chart can help develop an "eye" for estimating axis tilt and rotation. Hope that helps..
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

dwayne1009 wrote:I just purchased a nsane levrg. It has 4.34 ounces of top wght. with a 3 in pin out.

Thanks,
I recommend the following for a THS: 50 / 4 / 25 with a P2 to P3 hole. Start at 1000 surface and adjust. Drill the MF 3" deep and the RF 4" deep.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)