not sure

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

chimpmate
Preferred Company: ebonite

not sure

Post by chimpmate »

i need to drill a 13lb track 715 a for a young girl --she is a spinner ive been told the weight block is different she needs help with the ball finishing --throws it slow could you please give me a drilling idea--------thank you
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: not sure

Post by Mo Pinel »

chimpmate wrote:i need to drill a 13lb track 715 a for a young girl --she is a spinner ive been told the weight block is different she needs help with the ball finishing --throws it slow could you please give me a drilling idea--------thank you
I suggest drilling a MoRich 13# ball for this girl because it has the SAME core as the heavier weights. A FRENZY will give you a similar motion to the 715. Once you change the core, the ball is no longer the same.

If you have to drill the 13# 715, try a 30 / 3 3/8 / 30 with a P4 hole. Good luck!
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

Mo Pinel wrote: I suggest drilling a MoRich 13# ball for this girl because it has the SAME core as the heavier weights. A FRENZY will give you a similar motion to the 715. Once you change the core, the ball is no longer the same.

If you have to drill the 13# 715, try a 30 / 3 3/8 / 30 with a P4 hole. Good luck!
Mo I was curious about the 3 3/8 pin distance. Paul always uses long pins on spinners ( or so I understood). Did you go 3 3/8 because of the slower ball speed?
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

also do you also use a p4 wt hole on a spinner as a rule of thumb or what is your reasoning? thanks
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

elgavachon wrote: Mo I was curious about the 3 3/8 pin distance. Paul always uses long pins on spinners ( or so I understood). Did you go 3 3/8 because of the slower ball speed?
I went 3 3/8" with the pin to PAP distance because the core in the 13# 715 is symmetrical and that pin distance will maximize flare. If you drill the 13# FRENZY, which is asymmetrical, I'll recommend a different pin to PAP distance.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)