Need suggestions for LevRG Response layout

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

Moon61
Preferred Company: All

Need suggestions for LevRG Response layout

Post by Moon61 »

Hi. Just picked up a #13 LevRG Response off EBay today and was looking for some layout suggestions to compliment my #13 Awesome Hook. The AH is drilled 5 x 4 with a balance hole at the p3 spot. My pap is 5 1/2 x 1/4 up. The surface right now is 500 abralon, no polish. This ball makes a hard arc to the pocket as long as I can find enough oil to get it far enough down the alley. I wanted the Response to be the next step down from the Hook. I'm thinking of going with a 5 1/2 pin to pap and 4 1/2 mb to pap. What I don't want to do is have the ball go too long. But by drilling a 5 1/2 pin to pap if it goes too long I can plug and redrill (I drill my own stuff) with a shorter pin to pap and not roll over the plugs. BTW the reason I'm throwing #13 stuff is due to a nagging shoulder/arm joint problem which I need to fix when the season is over. I'm sticking to MoRich because, I think, the #13 balls still have a real performance core in them. Most of the other manufactuers won't even print the specs for #13 balls. Thanks in advance.

This is a cut and paste from BR.com. Thought I might get more info, responses on this forum.

Moon61
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Need suggestions for LevRG Response layout

Post by Mo Pinel »

Moon61 wrote:Hi. Just picked up a #13 LevRG Response off EBay today and was looking for some layout suggestions to compliment my #13 Awesome Hook. The AH is drilled 5 x 4 with a balance hole at the p3 spot. My pap is 5 1/2 x 1/4 up. The surface right now is 500 abralon, no polish. This ball makes a hard arc to the pocket as long as I can find enough oil to get it far enough down the alley. I wanted the Response to be the next step down from the Hook. I'm thinking of going with a 5 1/2 pin to pap and 4 1/2 mb to pap. What I don't want to do is have the ball go too long. But by drilling a 5 1/2 pin to pap if it goes too long I can plug and redrill (I drill my own stuff) with a shorter pin to pap and not roll over the plugs. BTW the reason I'm throwing #13 stuff is due to a nagging shoulder/arm joint problem which I need to fix when the season is over. I'm sticking to MoRich because, I think, the #13 balls still have a real performance core in them. Most of the other manufactuers won't even print the specs for #13 balls. Thanks in advance.

This is a cut and paste from BR.com. Thought I might get more info, responses on this forum.

Moon61
I need the following to be accurate. Your axis tilt, your axis rotation, your ball speed (scorer or heads?) and your rev rate. Then I can advise. Your right about MoRich 13# balls.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
Moon61

Post by Moon61 »

Wow, quick response. Thanks Mo. Well, with my modified. doesn't hurt my shoulder, delivery my speed is down to 14 mph on a Qubica system. Rev rate is around 250 I think. From when I had a ball that had a white plug on my axis I think my axis rotation is about 60 to 70 degrees and my axis tilt is about 20 degrees. I throw the ball with alot of side roll so I hope those numbers make sense. My track dia is about 11 3/4, an inch away from the thumb and about 2.5" away from my fingers. I hope this makes sense. I would have to say that with my 14 mph delivery my speed and rpm seem to match up pretty well. Thanks again Mo.

Moon61
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

Moon61 wrote:Wow, quick response. Thanks Mo. Well, with my modified. doesn't hurt my shoulder, delivery my speed is down to 14 mph on a Qubica system. Rev rate is around 250 I think. From when I had a ball that had a white plug on my axis I think my axis rotation is about 60 to 70 degrees and my axis tilt is about 20 degrees. I throw the ball with alot of side roll so I hope those numbers make sense. My track dia is about 11 3/4, an inch away from the thumb and about 2.5" away from my fingers. I hope this makes sense. I would have to say that with my 14 mph delivery my speed and rpm seem to match up pretty well. Thanks again Mo.

Moon61
Some comments before I make a suggestion. Axis tilt is converted from the distance across the track. The chart is in here under the "Axis Tilt Chart" thread. Yours is 12* (not about 20*). Your axis point can't be up as you say if your track is closer to the fingers than to the thumb. If your scorer speed is 14 mph, then your initial ball speed is probably 16.5 mph.

My suggested layout is 60* / 4 1/4" / 40*.
Drill the ball and put 1000 on it. Adjust the surface, if necessary, then decide on the balance hole location to get the reaction exact.
Moon61

Post by Moon61 »

Thanks Mo. I'll lay out the ball and drill it as soon as I do a refresher on dual angle. I'll get to try it out Tuesday. Thanks again Mo.

Moon61
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

Moon61 wrote:Thanks Mo. I'll lay out the ball and drill it as soon as I do a refresher on dual angle. I'll get to try it out Tuesday. Thanks again Mo.

Moon61
I knew you needed to bone up on "Dual Angles" by the way you described the layout you had. Sounds like you'll benefit from both the ball and the education you'll get out of it.