Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

MoRich ball choice

Post by JohnP »

I have a customer that throws a high speed spinner.

17 - 18 mph on Qubica
PAP - 4 5/8" X 11/16" up
Axis tilt - 35 degrees
Axis rotation - ~75 degrees
Rev rate - Unknown, I'd guess maybe 250 - 300, but definitely speed dominant
Pattern - Kegel Middle Road, but he also wants to bowl some regional PBA stops

What MoRich ball would you suggest for him. I'm not sure I can talk him into buying another ball, so I won't ask about layout until after the ball is in hand. I may have to find one used and plug/redrill it. Thanks -- JohnP
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: MoRich ball choice

Post by Mo Pinel »

JohnP wrote:I have a customer that throws a high speed spinner.

17 - 18 mph on Qubica
PAP - 4 5/8" X 11/16" up
Axis tilt - 35 degrees

What MoRich ball would you suggest for him. I'm not sure I can talk him into buying another ball, so I won't ask about layout until after the ball is in hand. I may have to find one used and plug/redrill it. Thanks -- JohnP
Older MoRich balls that fill the bill are the 'Ntense LevRG, the Awesome Revs, or the Seek and Destroy.

The best ball available is the mania, which comes out Monday. The mania video is on the MoRich Bowling facebook page.

My suggested layout for this bowler is easy. It's 20* / 4 1/2" / 30* with a P3 or P4 hole back to 1/4 oz. negative side.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by JohnP »

Thanks, I'll start looking for a good buy for him on e-Bay. -- JohnP
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by JohnP »

OK, ordered an 'Ntense Lev RG last night. I requested 3 - 3 1/2" pin out and 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 oz tpp weight. If that's not optimum, advise me and I'll call them and see if I can change it. I'm planning to use the 20*/4 1/2"/30* layout with a P3 or P4 hole as you recommended, but am curious why you chose that over a double thumb. Thanks -- JohnP
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

JohnP wrote:OK, ordered an 'Ntense Lev RG last night. I requested 3 - 3 1/2" pin out and 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 oz tpp weight. If that's not optimum, advise me and I'll call them and see if I can change it. I'm planning to use the 20*/4 1/2"/30* layout with a P3 or P4 hole as you recommended, but am curious why you chose that over a double thumb. Thanks -- JohnP
More midlane reaction from this layout. Try for the longest pin possible (4+" preferred) with no more tha 2.5 oz. TW.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by JohnP »

Thanks for the explanation. I e-mailed their customer service dept. with the change in specs and will call them Tuesday morning (forgot Monday is Presidents Day). -- JohnP
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

JohnP wrote:I have a customer that throws a high speed spinner.

17 - 18 mph on Qubica
PAP - 4 5/8" X 11/16" up
Axis tilt - 35 degrees

Easy one! Two recommendations:
1) 'Ntense LevRG drilled 40 / 4 1/4 / 20 with a P4 hole
2) mania drilled 30 / 4 1/2 / 20 with a P4 hole

This guy needs balls that hook at his toes!
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by JohnP »

Are you trying to confuse me? From your first response to this thread:
Older MoRich balls that fill the bill are the 'Ntense LevRG, the Awesome Revs, or the Seek and Destroy.

The best ball available is the mania, which comes out Monday. The mania video is on the MoRich Bowling facebook page.

My suggested layout for this bowler is easy. It's 20* / 4 1/2" / 30* with a P3 or P4 hole back to 1/4 oz. negative side.
Now for the 'Nsane LevRG I've got coming you're recommending 40/4 1/2/20? Which would be best? Or is there little difference between them? -- JohnP
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by JohnP »

Mo -- I'm using 3/8 right and 3/8 left for lateral finger pitches and 1/8 left on the thumb for this customer. What changes can I make to those to decrease his axis tilt?

Also, please send me a PM with your e-mail address or some other way I can get a Word file to you for review. I've worked up a brief summary in driller's language on how to select double angle layouts and I'd like you to review it before I start using it. thanks. -- JohnP
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by JohnP »

We drilled the ball today. I used Mo's recommendation of 20*/4 1/2"/30*. After relocating the cg and checking the top weight the undrilled ball had the cg to the right of the pin to PSA line by about an inch and 2 3/4 oz of top weight. I had a devil of a time getting the static weights legal, used a 1 1/8" x 3 1/2" (that's as deep as my press will drill) P4 hole. Was still aver 1 oz positive side weight and finger weight, so I pulled the RF grip and drilled it to 3 1/2". That got it in on side weight (1/2 oz), finger weight (7/8 oz, whew), and bottom weight (2 3/4 oz, whew again). I must have weighed the ball ten times as I changed depths and bit sizes. Anyway, the ball performed very well. I have drilled a Diamondback and a C 3.5 for him in the last month, and the oob 'Ntense easily outperformed both of them, even after putting a lot of surface on the others. This is the first ball I've ever seen him throw that went into a roll before reaching the pins. Next we're going to adjust the surface on the Brunswick balls to obtain a larger spread between the three and he'll have a good arsenal for tournaments and league. Thanks, Mo. -- JohnP