Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: Proton Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Phase 2
Light Oil Ball: IQ Emerald
Preferred Company: Storm

Pin to spin line

Post by gbabione »

While watching a ball go down the lane, can you tell when the axis migration passes the Pin to Spin line? I am wondering this to try to figure out what my balls are doing. One week the Defiant Edge is the only ball that will hook in either house. The next week nothing will. In the one house that I couldn't get anything to move, I moved right with a slightly dull Jackal Ghost, flattened my hand and threw it 20mph with a lot of tilt to get any reaction. This weekend at 2 different houses in Columbus, similar problem. I had to play straight up 11 and about 16mph. The only ball that had even a slight reaction was a Prism Warped. On Saturday I could see 3 tracks of oil for a couple inches and then stop for a few. This was all the way around. My guess is it's been lower volume so the axis is migrating too soon. Moving in doesn't help because there is no rotation left and/or incorrect ball and layout to do so.
Why I am asking about the Pin to Spin line is of the two things I am seeing. One, the balls are revving really fast in the early midlane and then the revs slow down in the backend. Two, sometimes depending on the ball, I can see it losing rotation. I have 4 balls to drill before Nationals in May. They are an All-road, an IQ Nano Pearl, an IQ Emerald and a Gravity Evolve. All of the balls I have now are approximately 60 x 4 3/4 x 40 which puts the Pin above right of ring finger and MB right of thumb. All are assyms. My PAP is 5 1/4 x 1/4 up. My specs change a lot trying to fight bad timing and ball reaction so I'll go with low end. Axis rotation is 50 to 60 degrees. Not sure on tilt, looks like 15. Rev rate 325 and speed off hand is 18. On my good days my rev rate goes up but nothing else changes.. Is the Pin to PAP to long and cause to burn too much rotation? Is it layout completely wrong? Earlier in the year I was getting a strong roll on the backend with a Vivid. Just a couple weeks ago I dug the Defiant Edge out. As I said, the last couple of weeks, it was the only thing reacting in leagues.
Guy Babione

Right Handed
PAP 5" by 1/4" up
65* rotation
11* tilt
375 rev rate
18 mph off hand
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Pin to spin line

Post by MegaMav »

Revving up too early.
Try a Results Pearl 65 x 3.75 x 35
gbabione
THS Average: 211
Positive Axis Point: 5 x 1/4 up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: Proton Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Phase 2
Light Oil Ball: IQ Emerald
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: Pin to spin line

Post by gbabione »

I just looked my Prism up. I didn't know it until now, it is the hybrid.
Guy Babione

Right Handed
PAP 5" by 1/4" up
65* rotation
11* tilt
375 rev rate
18 mph off hand