Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8 over 7/8 up
Speed: 16.6 Camera
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 70
Preferred Company: Radical and Roto Grip

Same ball different layout for league

Post by rf67pccb »

I have a Hustle Ink drilled at 65x4x40 and I am looking to drill another Hustle Ink to go slightly longer with a slightly harder move on the back end.
I was thinking about 70x4.5x35. I am having to loft my current ball to keep from rolling out and this is hard to repeat.
I am open to suggestions, also if I had two pieces of equipment I could modify surfaces during league practice.
Rorey Faiola
--------------
Right Handed
Speed 16.6 Off Hand
AT 12
AR 80
RR 300
PAP 4 7/8 Over 7/8 Up
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Same ball different layout for league

Post by TonyPR »

Bear in mind symmetricals will have the PSA on or near the thumb so a longer pin to pap will yield a smaller drilling angle... in other words cg position doesn’t matter. You could go X x 4 x 25 and have a different surface. For example if you have 500/2000 on your original Hustle Ink, you can go 500, 4000, shine on your 4x25 one.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
deanchamp
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
THS Average: 220

Re: Same ball different layout for league

Post by deanchamp »

Have you got the Hustle Ink at OOB? Like Tony said, surface changes for a 1-2 ball combo can be just as significant as a layout change. I have a Hustle Ink at 80 x 5.5" x 25 OOB and love it for my shot when the lanes get dry and I have to move left.

From 65 x 4 x 40 a layout change to 65 x 5 x 30 would increase the backend a bit.

If you are having to loft with your ball roll stats, is moving further left an option?
USBC Silver Level Coach
BCU Graduate - Mastery of Layouts
BTM contributor