Conspiracy Layout

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

ltedder

Conspiracy Layout

Post by ltedder »

I just picked up a Radical Conspiracy and I am looking for advice on the proper layout. Unfortunately i am not too impressed with the PSO's at the local bowling alleys.

My specs are as follows:
Ball Speed ~16MPH
Rotation ~ 300RPM
Low Axis Tilt
Medium Axis Rotation

I have a Rotogrip Idol, when purchased I had not done my research and the PSO just drilled it without seeing me bowl. The Pin is Slightly Up and Right of my Ring Finger (Im Right Handed). THe CG Mark is Down and Right of my Ring Finger. (Ill upload a picture tonight if needed) this ball works fairly well playing straight down the 5th board on a THS but it just hits weak. Not sure if layout is to blame of if it is just me. I could be wrong but i feel like its using up too much energy too early.

I have used stickers to find my PAP at ~4.875 Over and 0.5 Up. Any advice that can be offered is greatly appreciated!
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Conspiracy Layout

Post by EricHartwell »

Welcome to BowlingChat
ltedder wrote:I just picked up a Radical Conspiracy and I am looking for advice on the proper layout. Unfortunately i am not too impressed with the PSO's at the local bowling alleys.

My specs are as follows:
Ball Speed ~16MPH
Rotation ~ 300RPM
Low Axis Tilt
Medium Axis Rotation

I have a Rotogrip Idol, when purchased I had not done my research and the PSO just drilled it without seeing me bowl. The Pin is Slightly Up and Right of my Ring Finger (Im Right Handed). THe CG Mark is Down and Right of my Ring Finger. (Ill upload a picture tonight if needed) this ball works fairly well playing straight down the 5th board on a THS but it just hits weak. Not sure if layout is to blame of if it is just me. I could be wrong but i feel like its using up too much energy too early.

I have used stickers to find my PAP at ~4.875 Over and 0.5 Up. Any advice that can be offered is greatly appreciated!
To give you "proper" layouts I need "proper" release specs, not estimations. otherwise all you will get is estimations.
Check out this link for help in finding your actual release specs.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The layout you describe on your Idol is in my estimation a fine layout for your estimations. The Idol is a weaker light oil coverstock. You want more hook get a stronger ball.

Your choice of line could be to blame. 5 board on a house shot is considered to be a high friction line playing in the dirt as it has been called. The ball could be using all it's energy too soon not giving you any backend reaction.

Another option is surface. Have you tried using a shinier surface?
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
stevespo
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 5.75" x + 3/8"
Speed: 17+ off hand (camera)
Rev Rate: 375
Heavy Oil Ball: Phaze II, Altered Reality
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour Nano, Zen, Phase III
Light Oil Ball: Electrify Pearl

Post by stevespo »

EricHartwell wrote: The layout you describe on your Idol is in my estimation a fine layout for your estimations. The Idol is a weaker light oil coverstock. You want more hook get a stronger ball.

Your choice of line could be to blame. 5 board on a house shot is considered to be a high friction line playing in the dirt as it has been called. The ball could be using all it's energy too soon not giving you any backend reaction.

Another option is surface. Have you tried using a shinier surface?
I agree with everything except the cover strength assessment. The Idol SOLID is a medium/heavy oil ball (according to BTM) and I will second that. I throw mine polished on house shots, but have to move inside the oil line and swing it. Great sport shot ball with surface.

Polish it up and move left with your feet and target. Start it up inside of 2nd arrow and shape it and see how it responds.

Steve
16 mph (14-14.5 on monitor), 375 rpm, PAP 5 1/2 x 3/8 up, AT: 12*, AR: 45*
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

stevespo wrote:I agree with everything except the cover strength assessment. The Idol SOLID is a medium/heavy oil ball (according to BTM) and I will second that.
I stand corrected. I should have looked up the ball rather than relying on memory.
Even still, a stronger ball is still an option but probably not necessary.
ltedder wrote:I have a Rotogrip Idol, when purchased I had not done my research and the PSO just drilled it without seeing me bowl.
I've never seen you bowl. Thus I need accurate release specs to help you with layouts
If the PSO is in the same building that you bowl in chances are he has at least seen you bowl.

While you may not be impressed with your PSO, you haven't shown anything that would make me think that there is incompetence on their part. Ask him to watch you bowl and help determine your specs and or layout for the Conspiracy.
Bring that information back here and I will gladly give my thoughts and opinions.
Then get it drilled.

Don't be in such a hurry to get a ball drilled and into service. Get the correct and accurate information and do it right the first time.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand