14 pound honey badger

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

slmrcs

14 pound honey badger

Post by slmrcs »

Going to have a 14 pound honey badger drilled up. But sometimes the specs on 14 pound balls are totally different than their 15 and 16 pound counterparts.

The question about this is the specs on the 14 pound ball, compared to the 15 and 16 pound on.
At 14 pounds its specs are:

Diff: 0.20
Int Diff: .003
RG: 2.64

With such a low int diff, isn't this almost a symetric ball.

I switched to no thumb last year, and have following specs:
Rev rate: 380
Axis tilt: 4 degrees
Axis rotation: I can manipulate btwn 30 to 60
Speed: 13 mph off monitor

With these specs, my ball rolls early, and I basically only use urethane while learning how to no thumb. I wanted to try honey badger, as something with a controllable diff, high rg, that would get down lane and allow me to open up more.

The layout I found works well (at least with urethane) is:
5 inch pin to pap
30 degree val

When I first switched to no thumb I tried 2 inch pin to pap for control, and the ball would roll too early, and with low flare produce a lot of carry down.

My plan with honey badger was to go with 4 inch pin to pap (as the diff is pretty low, so want to get some extra flare).

So my question is, with these specs is the asymmetric part of honey badger really relevant, and can I just drill essentially the same layout that works with other symmetric balls. So far, the only reactive ball I've used successfully no thumb is the BTU pearl. But have no problem throwing 200's with urethane.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: 14 pound honey badger

Post by EricHartwell »

slmrcs wrote:So my question is, with these specs is the asymmetric part of honey badger really relevant, and can I just drill essentially the same layout that works with other symmetric balls. So far, the only reactive ball I've used successfully no thumb is the BTU pearl. But have no problem throwing 200's with urethane.
Yes, treat it like a weak Symmetrical. Drill the thumb 4" to get a little more flare. xx-4-30
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand