THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 right, 3/8 up
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55

Spec Changes - Rotogrip Hot Cell Layout

Post by fufu »

I made a few physical changes and fit changes that has impacted my stats.

Rev Rate: 14 revolutions
Speed: 2.26
Tilt: 17*
AR: 55-60*
PAP: 4 7/16, 3/8u

Previously, my sweet spot was 105, 1:25:1. I see only minor spec changes, from 105 to 110 with ratios still in the 1.25:1.

I need a urethane and the only option I have is the Rotogrip Hot Cell. ;) I've been blessed with the opportunity to represent their products this year.

The HotCell is so early, so strong that I'm thinking of ways to find it as usable as possible. I've drilled a few for customers so I have some familiarity with the product. I had a Pitch Black and it was good, not great, on shortish patterns. It at least let me get the hole but carry was very poor.

I was thinking my basic low flare layout of 80x2.25x45. But, I'm open to recommendations.

Other stuff I'll be drilling:

2 - Halos
Halo Pearl
Hustle HYB
http://www.rotogrip.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Round-Holes-No ... 602077080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Spec Changes - Rotogrip Hot Cell Layout

Post by EricHartwell »

Speed and revolutions need to be off the hand. While i can transpose the time from release to the head pin rpm average is not so easy.
Even by your own assessment and thinking you need to adjust totals by 5* degrees is not enough to re-do a whole arsenal. Utilizing the Dual Angle System you can make adjustments off your existing balls to tune in new additions.

I almost like your idea for the low flare layout for the Hot Cell. The low flare layout causes the flare rings to overlap crating more chance for carry down to build up. I would go for a slightly shorter pin to PAP but only 3" to keep the bowtie more defined. 80-3.25-50 and use the option of drilling the fingers deeper to reduce the flare.

2 - Halos ................ Benchmark ............ 60-4.25-50 ............ Control 60-4.5-70
Halo Pearl ............... Long and Strong..... 80-4.25-50
Hustle HYB .............. Control .................xx-4-65
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
fufu
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 right, 3/8 up
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55

Re: Spec Changes - Rotogrip Hot Cell Layout

Post by fufu »

EricHartwell wrote:Speed and revolutions need to be off the hand. While i can transpose the time from release to the head pin rpm average is not so easy.
Even by your own assessment and thinking you need to adjust totals by 5* degrees is not enough to re-do a whole arsenal. Utilizing the Dual Angle System you can make adjustments off your existing balls to tune in new additions.
Ya I’m not redoing my arsenal entirely. The vast majority of my equipment was Rotogrip save a PhysiX, SureLock and Pitch black.

I almost like your idea for the low flare layout for the Hot Cell. The low flare layout causes the flare rings to overlap crating more chance for carry down to build up. I would go for a slightly shorter pin to PAP but only 3" to keep the bowtie more defined. 80-3.25-50 and use the option of drilling the fingers deeper to reduce the flare.
Interesting input. I do like that idea and it makes sense.

I appreciate what you did Eric.
http://www.rotogrip.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Round-Holes-No ... 602077080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;