Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 70
Heavy Oil Ball: Optimus solid
Medium Oil Ball: Antidote, Zero Gravity
Light Oil Ball: Rave On,Pathogen

New bowler layout

Post by Lledsmarttam »

I am curious to know what everyone does when you have someone that has never had their own ball before and want to be fitted and drilled. Most of my question is about layout. Is there something generic pap wise that you can use for someone's first ball of their own? The person has only ever bowled using a house ball or ball off the rack.
-Knowledge is power-
PAP-5 1/16 by 3/4 up
Speed-14-15mph on monitor
Rev-325rpm
Tilt-10*
Rotation-70*-90*
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: New bowler layout

Post by elgavachon »

Lledsmarttam wrote:I am curious to know what everyone does when you have someone that has never had their own ball before and want to be fitted and drilled. Most of my question is about layout. Is there something generic pap wise that you can use for someone's first ball of their own? The person has only ever bowled using a house ball or ball off the rack.
You have to start somewhere. Mo uses a generic layout (layout he puts on demo days for his ball) I asked him once and it was something simple like putting pin above and to the right of fingers for a right hander and if the ball is asymmetrical, put the PSA to the right of the thumb-hole. You could possibly get an idea watching the bowler throw some else's ball which with a similar grip or a house ball that fit fairly close. If not, I would just do like they do for demo days.
Lledsmarttam
THS Average: 198
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/16 by 3/4 up
Speed: 14-15 mph on monitor

Post by Lledsmarttam »

elgavachon wrote: You have to start somewhere. Mo uses a generic layout (layout he puts on demo days for his ball) I asked him once and it was something simple like putting pin above and to the right of fingers for a right hander and if the ball is asymmetrical, put the PSA to the right of the thumb-hole. You could possibly get an idea watching the bowler throw some else's ball which with a similar grip or a house ball that fit fairly close. If not, I would just do like they do for demo days.

I found the iipsa guide in the wiki and it says to use something very similar. It suggests 1" above and 1" right of ring finger. Thanks
-Knowledge is power-
PAP-5 1/16 by 3/4 up
Rev-325rpm
Tilt-10*
Rotation-70*-90*
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

Lledsmarttam wrote:

I found the iipsa guide in the wiki and it says to use something very similar. It suggests 1" above and 1" right of ring finger. Thanks
A layout like that will keep the ball flare safe for most all bowlers. Hopefully he is not a full roller.

I would recommend getting the spare ball first.
Learn how to play straight and pick up spares.

Get the grip right. Then invest in the strike ball once the PAP and release stabilize.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
Lledsmarttam
THS Average: 198
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/16 by 3/4 up
Speed: 14-15 mph on monitor

Post by Lledsmarttam »

EricHartwell wrote: A layout like that will keep the ball flare safe for most all bowlers. Hopefully he is not a full roller.

I would recommend getting the spare ball first.
Learn how to play straight and pick up spares.

Get the grip right. Then invest in the strike ball once the PAP and release stabilize.

That was my suggestion as well but as we both know people are hard to talk to...especially when they have the new ball that isn't a spare ball.
-Knowledge is power-
PAP-5 1/16 by 3/4 up
Rev-325rpm
Tilt-10*
Rotation-70*-90*