Motiv Hydra 2 different layouts

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

Jochemke

Motiv Hydra 2 different layouts

Post by Jochemke »

Hello all,

My friend has a Motiv Hydra and he loves it but it can sometimes be a little bit to snappy,aggresive for him. He now wants to buy a second one with a different layout to use it when the first one becomes to snappy. He bowls every tuesday in a house league so almost every time the same conditions.

I was thinking of giving the second ball a layout of 60 x 1 1/2 x 65 for him as he has good results with total sums over 120. Or should i lower the val angle and give him more of a 70 x 1 1/2 x 20? What do you guys think?

EDIT: however i am affraid of him tracking over his finger holes since he has it on some balls, so maybe since it is a symmetric ball after all i can give him 80 x 6 x 30?

Here are his details:

Right handed
Speed: 13-14mph
Revs: 350rpm
Axis Tilt: 20°
Axis Rotation: 70°
Pap 6,5" R 13/16" UP

Hydra 14lb
70 x 3 x 55
scotts33
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8" > 3/8" up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv T10 LE 60* 4" 60* no hole symm. OOB pin down

Re: Motiv Hydra 2 different layouts

Post by scotts33 »

JMO but if he doesn't have a Venom Shock that's a great 1-2 punch from Motiv. Venom Shock for the fresh and the Hydra on transition/burn. That's the way I'd go and I have both. Venom Shock is the best all around benchmark ball from Motiv and it's been in the current Motiv line-up since 2014. That's a feat these days in the bowling industry.