High Track, low oil volume

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

chip82901
Preferred Company: Storm

High Track, low oil volume

Post by chip82901 »

I've been fighting this for a few years in my home center. It's getting harder and harder to find something that works. Little background:

Pap:5" over, 1/4" up
2 hands/425rpm
Ball Speed (18-19mph off hand, 15.5-16mph on back end)

Lately I have been throwing a Hot Cell and a Pitch Black as I cant seem to find something to control the over/under reaction in the middle of the lane when throwing say, a timeless or phaze 2. I've also been told with my high track, that pin under would cause me to roll over my fingers. Any help with a layout and surface suggestion would he much appreciated.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: High Track, low oil volume

Post by EricHartwell »

chip82901 wrote:I've been fighting this for a few years in my home center. It's getting harder and harder to find something that works. Little background:

Pap:5" over, 1/4" up
2 hands/425rpm
Ball Speed (18-19mph off hand, 15.5-16mph on back end)

Lately I have been throwing a Hot Cell and a Pitch Black as I cant seem to find something to control the over/under reaction in the middle of the lane when throwing say, a timeless or phaze 2. I've also been told with my high track, that pin under would cause me to roll over my fingers. Any help with a layout and surface suggestion would he much appreciated.
Welcome to Bowling Chat

I have several questions

Is your PAP measured from the center of the bridge?

To give you accurate layout information more information is needed Specifically Tilt and Rotation.
Check out this link for the info needed ...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the layout on the Hot Cell? Pitch Black? Timeless? Phaze II?
You can post a picture showing the gripping holes pin and mass bias marker to help determine the layout.

How close to the fingers is your initial track?
The advise to stay away from pin below the fingers was good advice. Having the pin down lowers the bowtie and as the ball flares it will most likely be bouncing over the finger holes on the back end.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
chip82901
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by chip82901 »

EricHartwell wrote: Welcome to Bowling Chat

I have several questions

Is your PAP measured from the center of the bridge?

To give you accurate layout information more information is needed Specifically Tilt and Rotation.
Check out this link for the info needed ...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the layout on the Hot Cell? Pitch Black? Timeless? Phaze II?
You can post a picture showing the gripping holes pin and mass bias marker to help determine the layout.

How close to the fingers is your initial track?
The advise to stay away from pin below the fingers was good advice. Having the pin down lowers the bowtie and as the ball flares it will most likely be bouncing over the finger holes on the back end.
15 degrees tilt, 40-45 degrees rotation.

I believe all of my equipment was laid out using storms system, most around 5x4x3 or very similar. I do actually clip the fingers on both my Hot Cell and my Pitch Black, but no other balls. Really am wanting to punch out something like the new Brunswick Fearless and possibly a Vapor Zone.

Pap is actually measured from my palm.
Bluelobstor
THS Average: 208
Positive Axis Point: 6 1/4 over 0 up or down
Speed: 16.5 off hand
Rev Rate: 450
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: AMF XS Technology
Medium Oil Ball: Track Paradox/AMF XS Technology
Light Oil Ball: Combat Tank
Preferred Company: All

Post by Bluelobstor »

Good Afternoon Chip,
Do you use your thumb as I've seen 2 handers that do?
If you don't use your thumb is the ball that your PAP was determined from have a thumb hole?

The reason why I ask is I don't use a thumb and my PAP moved quite a bit from having a thumb hole to not having a thumb hole drilled in the ball.

If you don't use a thumb and you are going to comply with the rules that take effect in 2020 then I would suggest finding your Pap on a ball that does not have a thumb hole drilled in it.

Jason
PAP 6 1/4 over 0 up or down. Pap figured from the center of the bridge.
Rev Rate ~450
Speed 16.5 off the hand
Axis Tilt 10 Degrees
Axis Rotation 40-50 degrees
1 Hand 2 Finger Delivery
fufu
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 right, 3/8 up
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 320
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55

Post by fufu »

Bluelobstor wrote:Good Afternoon Chip,
Do you use your thumb as I've seen 2 handers that do?
If you don't use your thumb is the ball that your PAP was determined from have a thumb hole?

The reason why I ask is I don't use a thumb and my PAP moved quite a bit from having a thumb hole to not having a thumb hole drilled in the ball.

If you don't use a thumb and you are going to comply with the rules that take effect in 2020 then I would suggest finding your Pap on a ball that does not have a thumb hole drilled in it.

Jason

This is spot on. My son is a 2hander and with a thumb hole his PAP is about 5.5R and 3D(center of bridge). Without the thumb hole his pap is 6 5/16R and 1.75D.
http://www.rotogrip.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Round-Holes-No ... 602077080/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;