Please Help: Pitches in Fingers causing Wrist pain

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

edpup316
Preferred Company: Motiv

Please Help: Pitches in Fingers causing Wrist pain

Post by edpup316 »

Over the last 5-6 years, the flexibility in my fingers has been decreasing. I had 0 pitch in the middle finger and 1/8 away in the ring. Had some pain in my hand when I would bowl more then 4 or 5 games. Got fit again and went to 1/2 away in the middle finger and 3/4 away in the ring. I've started having pain in my wrist again and a little worse then before. Also, my span was shorten a 1/4 inch. How much of an effect would finger pitches have on my wrist pain and how much pitch is to much? would going to 1 inch of pitch be realistic and how would it change my roll???
Last edited by edpup316 on September 25th, 2018, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imagonman
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Re: Please Help: Pitches in Fingers causing Wrist pain

Post by imagonman »

Did you lengthen your span when going to the new reverse finger pitches? Any change at all?
edpup316

Post by edpup316 »

imagonman wrote:Did you lengthen your span when going to the new reverse finger pitches? Any change at all?
Forgot to mention that. Ill edit the OP. But no I did not length the span. Original span was like 5 1/4. When I made the pitch changes, we shorten the span to about 5. big hands.
imagonman
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Post by imagonman »

edpup316 wrote: Forgot to mention that. Ill edit the OP. But no I did not length the span. Original span was like 5 1/4. When I made the pitch changes, we shorten the span to about 5. big hands.

Well, assuming????????? that @ 5-1/4" {very large & rare span, but possible} was/is a proper fit & not overstretched, adding 1/2-5/8" reverse to fingers would require lengthening the span 1/16 for each 3/8 of rev pitch. Did you change thumb pitch @ all? What was/is it???
You can check the span yourself follow the Wiki!
edpup316

Post by edpup316 »

imagonman wrote:
Well, assuming????????? that @ 5-1/4" {very large & rare span, but possible} was/is a proper fit & not overstretched, adding 1/2-5/8" reverse to fingers would require lengthening the span 1/16 for each 3/8 of rev pitch. Did you change thumb pitch @ all? What was/is it???
You can check the span yourself follow the Wiki!
This should help. This is my current specs. The old span was pretty maxed out when it was over 5inches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Ok lets see if we can do this by remote...

Step 1 post photos of your span: draw a line at the midpoint between the first two creases of your fingers. Insert your thumb fully and lay your fingers over the holes without inserting them. Make sure your hand isn’t stretched, check the web of skin between thumb and index, it should not be tight as a banjo string nor slack, think relaxed. The lines you drew at the midpoint between creases should coincide with the bottom edge of the inserts (or holes if you don’t use inserts).

Step 2 bend the second crease of your fingers to 90 degrees and take photos of how ring and middle fingers end up flexing. The opposite hand is not needed to do this flex test.

Step 3 thumb flex, take photos of flexing your thumb back imagining it is inserted on the ball fully and also imagining the ball is in full contact with the index finger. Do use opposite hand to pull thumb back but without too much force, just tug lightly.

Step 4 do coke can test in the wiki section of BowlingChat and post photo.

Step 5 post photos of your straight two fingers to see if they are crooked or straight.

Finally and the most important test: post front and side videos and also release video if you can so I can evaluate in the certified coaching section if something in your technique is causing the pain.

This or find a qualified pro shop that can check all these. Remember, step 6 is the most important.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
edpup316

Post by edpup316 »

TonyPR wrote:Ok lets see if we can do this by remote...

Step 1 post photos of your span: draw a line at the midpoint between the first two creases of your fingers. Insert your thumb fully and lay your fingers over the holes without inserting them. Make sure your hand isn’t stretched, check the web of skin between thumb and index, it should not be tight as a banjo string nor slack, think relaxed. The lines you drew at the midpoint between creases should coincide with the bottom edge of the inserts (or holes if you don’t use inserts).

Step 2 bend the second crease of your fingers to 90 degrees and take photos of how ring and middle fingers end up flexing. The opposite hand is not needed to do this flex test.

Step 3 thumb flex, take photos of flexing your thumb back imagining it is inserted on the ball fully and also imagining the ball is in full contact with the index finger. Do use opposite hand to pull thumb back but without too much force, just tug lightly.

Step 4 do coke can test in the wiki section of BowlingChat and post photo.

Step 5 post photos of your straight two fingers to see if they are crooked or straight.

Finally and the most important test: post front and side videos and also release video if you can so I can evaluate in the certified coaching section if something in your technique is causing the pain.

This or find a qualified pro shop that can check all these. Remember, step 6 is the most important.

I'm going to do this as soon as I possible can. Thank yoy for taking the time to help!