Board index » Mo & Friends » Ball & Layout Advice

Post subject: New USBC Specs
 Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:33 pm Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
With the new USBC specs being legal to be used in less than a week, I'm wondering how to drill to them. For example, if I want a ball with 3 oz. of side weight, how do I measure that out so I can attain it? I've been using the double angle method, but my guess is that will needs some adjusting to attain the new numbers. Would a straight label shift drilling work (in accordance with the bowler's PAP of course)? I've only been drilling for a year and only drill for a few people, but these new specs, though seeming interesting in the reactions they could create, really confuse me with straight measuring and methodology around drilling. Any feedback/advise would be helpful.

Post subject: Re: New USBC Specs
 Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:25 pm Post Number: #2 Post
Trusted Source

Reputation Power: 3
Lay the ball out so you think the cg is placed to give you 2 1/2 oz or so side weight. Draw the grip on the ball and weigh it for imbalance, drilling the holes won't change the side and finger weights much. If the weights don't suit you try again. I wouldn't try for more than 2 1/2 oz on any of the weights, would hate to plug and redrill a new ball. -- JohnP

Board index » Mo & Friends » Ball & Layout Advice