Board index » Mo & Friends » Ball & Layout Advice




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New USBC specs
 Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:49 am Post Number: #1 Post
Offline
Member

Joined: May 9, 2018
Posts: 17
Reputation: -1
Reputation Power: 1
So, with the new rule, 3 oz positive weight all the way around. how does it make it easier or harder for ball drillers?


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New USBC specs
 Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:31 pm Post Number: #2 Post
Offline
BCU Graduate Layouts

Joined: January 24, 2012
Posts: 460
Reputation: 69
Reputation Power: 1
pocket710guy wrote:
So, with the new rule, 3 oz positive weight all the way around. how does it make it easier or harder for ball drillers?

It will be easier to get balls with crappy specs to be legal without a balance hole. It will be harder to fine tune the shape of the ball motion after drilling.

_________________
James Talley


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New USBC specs
 Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:58 pm Post Number: #3 Post
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: April 26, 2007
Posts: 4281
Location: Malta, NY
Reputation: 940
Reputation Power: 10
Arkansas wrote:
It will be easier to get balls with crappy specs to be legal without a balance hole. It will be harder to fine tune the shape of the ball motion after drilling.


Perfect assessment!
Piloted thumb holes will be the new way to tune UP!
Sorry VISE IT users!

_________________
Please press the Image button if you feel I've been helpful.

“When you prepare for everything, you’re ready for anything.” - Bill Walsh


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New USBC specs
 Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:41 am Post Number: #4 Post
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: March 13, 2012
Posts: 307
Location: Short Pump, VA
Reputation: 26
Reputation Power: 1
MegaMav wrote:

Perfect assessment!
Piloted thumb holes will be the new way to tune UP!
Sorry VISE IT users!


Might be a stupid question but what's a "piloted thumb hole" and relation to a VISE IT?

_________________
Left-handed
PAP 5 x 1/2 up
Tilt: 15*
Rot: 45*
Rev: 315
Speed: 14 mph off the hand


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New USBC specs
 Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:14 pm Post Number: #5 Post
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: April 26, 2007
Posts: 4281
Location: Malta, NY
Reputation: 940
Reputation Power: 10
Viper wrote:

Might be a stupid question but what's a "piloted thumb hole" and relation to a VISE IT?


Its essentially drilling the thumb hole deeper.
Cant do it on the IT due to the installation at the bottom of the hole.

_________________
Please press the Image button if you feel I've been helpful.

“When you prepare for everything, you’re ready for anything.” - Bill Walsh


Top 
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Mo & Friends » Ball & Layout Advice


 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: