Axis Tilt: 24
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: Track Logix
Medium Oil Ball: Track Paradox
Light Oil Ball: Hammer Widow Black Urethane
Preferred Company: Ebonite Brands

layout question

Post by jdrsuper »

I bowl with 13 lb equipment and mostly on sports shots on weekends at my ABT tournaments. In talking with my PSO and telling him my hardest spare conversion is the 7 pin. He suggested that I get another plastic pancake ball at 12 lbs that might help with the 7 pin. My question is this, what layout could i put on that ball to reduce hook. I am unable to flatten out my release and at 78 years of age and lacking speed, I was wondering as I said above is there a layout that would go straighter and maybe I'll pick up a little more speed at 12 lbs. If this is a dumb question and request I apologize in advance. Also should I ask for a ball with as little top weight as possible. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions my specs are in my signature.
Joel Resnick
Hand: Left
PAP: 4 11/16 over 1 up
Speed: 13 off hand
Rev Rate: 200

No matter what you are trying to do remember simplicity gives better results than over complicating things.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: layout question

Post by TonyPR »

Have you tried polishing you current plastic ball until it looks like a marble?
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
The Kid

Post by The Kid »

Mo Pinel wrote: The standard spare ball (least hooking) layout is to drill the ball with 1/2 oz. negative side on the label. If you want to be anal (like me), drill the ball with the pin 6 3/4" from the PAP on the midline and put the balance hole on the negative axis point to make the side weight legal, if necessary. That's actually the way to make it go the straightest.
Taken from viewtopic.php?f=13&t=448&start=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

You could also add reverse pitch to the fingers to lower your rev rate. Going down in weight can help.
jdrsuper
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 1 up
Heavy Oil Ball: Track Logix
Medium Oil Ball: Track Paradox
Light Oil Ball: Hammer Widow Black Urethane
Preferred Company: Ebonite Brands

Post by jdrsuper »

TonyPR wrote:Have you tried polishing you current plastic ball until it looks like a marble?
I have done that in the past when I was using 14lb equipment and still had 7 pin problems. But it wouldn't hurt to try it again on my 13lb ball. Thanks for the suggestion TonyPR.
Joel Resnick
Hand: Left
PAP: 4 11/16 over 1 up

No matter what you are trying to do remember simplicity gives better results than over complicating things.