Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: Proton Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Phase 2
Light Oil Ball: IQ Emerald
Preferred Company: Storm

PAP location

Post by gbabione »

I recently went to a Storm Matchmaker at a house with wood lanes. I really liked the way a few balls reacted, but I wanted to try them on synthetics. For some reason they felt really good on my hand and I was able to roll them with the best release I've had in years. I learned that they drill up one set of balls per span length to be used for righties or lefties. They are drilled with zero pitch except for the necessary finger lateral. I used the medium length which was 4 1/4" for each finger. I used my switch-grip for thumb, but did not measure pitches. The layouts were straight up to accommodate both hands also with the pins on these were about an inch above the fingers. I noticed my PAP was different on these balls than what I am throwing now. My PAP is 5 over by 1/4 up. On these balls it was 5 1/2 over by 1 up. My span and pitches have changed the last few times I had balls drilled, but they all track the same. To compare, here's what I have now. Is there anything here that would cause the PAP to be different?

Blade Pearl - MF 4 3/8 1/2 lt 1/8 rev - RF 4 7/16 3/8 rt 0 rev - thumb 0 lt 1/4 rev
Vivid - MF 4 1/4 1/4 lt 1/8 rev - RF 4 5/16 1/4 rt 1/8 rev - thumb 1/8 lt 1/8 fwd
Trick & Wreckem - MF 4 3/8 3/8 lt 1/2 rev - RF 4 7/16 1/2 rt 1/2 rev - thumb 1/4 lt 1/4 rev

The D.A. layout say on my Vivid using the PAP I've been using is 35 x 4 3/4 x 30. Using that PAP the D.A. on the test balls would be 60 x 5 3/4 x 35. Using the PAP that was measured on the test balls, the D.A. would be 70 x 4 3/4 x 40. What difference would I see in reaction between the two PAPs?
Guy Babione

Right Handed
PAP 5" by 1/4" up
65* rotation
11* tilt
375 rev rate
18 mph off hand