Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Paradox 120 x 2 1/4 x 60
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour 60 x 5 x 40
Light Oil Ball: Joy Rid 70 x 2 1/4 x 70
Preferred Company: Hammer / Roto / MoRich

Layout Advice needed!

Post by ChicoMelo »

I am putting this out there for one of my clients. He has a rev rate of 375, axis tilt of 13 degrees, axis rotation is 50 degrees and ball speed of hand is 18 mph. He is looking for some drilling options for long and strong as well as a drilling option for when he has moved as far left as his game has allowed him during transition and he needs a ball to get through the heads and still be angular in the back end. Let me know what types of balls such as Asym vs Sym and what covers would be best for these situations.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Layout Advice needed!

Post by EricHartwell »

ChicoMelo wrote:I am putting this out there for one of my clients. He has a rev rate of 375, axis tilt of 13 degrees, axis rotation is 50 degrees and ball speed of hand is 18 mph. He is looking for some drilling options for long and strong as well as a drilling option for when he has moved as far left as his game has allowed him during transition and he needs a ball to get through the heads and still be angular in the back end. Let me know what types of balls such as Asym vs Sym and what covers would be best for these situations.
I realized you only asked for layouts for deeper inside lines but once I figure out the Benchmark is just as easy for me to include the complete arsenal range.
I don't sell bowling balls so I leave specific ball recommendations to those that do.

Sweetspot 95* total, 1.75:1 Ratio

Basic Arsenal
Asymmetrical Layouts
Totally Strong ........... 50-4.5-25
Midlane .................... 40-4.5-35
Benchmark ............... 60-4-35
Long and Strong ....... 80-4-35
Control .................... 60-4-55
low flare .................. 80-2.25-35

Symmetrical Layouts (Drilling to the Cg)
Totally Strong ........... Double Thumb Layout
Midlane .................... 55-4.5-35 balance hole 1.5" below the midline on the VAL
Benchmark ............... 65-4-30
Long and Strong ....... 85-4-30 Motion Hole
Control .................... 60-4.5-55 Pin in the Ring finger
low flare .................. 75-5-30

Also realize the Basic Arsenal is just a guideline to get started with. Specific ball choice should be considered when picking the layout for it especially when you are looking for a condition specific reaction.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand