Help with tilt, rotation, etc.

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

lanehacker
Preferred Company: dv8

Help with tilt, rotation, etc.

Post by lanehacker »

Hey all. Havent been around for a while and I have a fellow lady bowler asking for some advice on a layout. I was a little taken a back when I found out her specs. She has 80* rotation and approx 32* of tilt. Thats from a respected coach mapping it out. From watching her Id say her speed and revs are matched pretty close. In our house the speed is measured at the pins and it reads 9mph. I taped her pap on the ball (guessing at first) and after about 4 frames found it. It measures exactly 4 over and 2 1/8 up. Shes bowling on a normal house shot with an original dv8 diva. She bought a diva style which I think is a strong pearl. She says she would like to see a bit more reaction on the backend than she has now. Being the cover is a pearl, should she get it drilled the same as the original diva and the cover will take care of the stronger reaction? Im not sure what to tell her with that kind of tilt and rotation.
pap 5 1/8 over and 3/4 up
speed 18mph
rotation 80*
tilt 12*
rpm 300
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Re: Help with tilt, rotation, etc.

Post by JohnP »

Have you tried surface changes on her original Diva to see how they affect her reaction? -- JohnP
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: Help with tilt, rotation, etc.

Post by TonyPR »

With a PAP like that her thumb is coming out way late, she is probably grabbing it at release and going over it (topping). Speed is way too low. Coaching may probably be a better option for her.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent