Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 left and up 1/2
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 425
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: n/a

Pushing Pins buffers

Post by kzues765 »

I have a question and am having a doubts about it. Its not really doubts but mixed emotions. My specs are listed below. I have asked the question before I believe. I have read most of all Slowinski's ball layouts articles and all of them push pin buffers starting around 5" long and progressively move longer with different balls in ones arsenal. And it doesn't matter of it a symmetrical or asymmetrical ball that Joe uses in the arsenal sequence from what I can tell. From what I have read with my axis tilt and the help of others on this sight to get the full benefits from from ball layouts. my pin buffers should be 3 to 4 inches with symmetrical equipment and 4 1/2 to 5 3/4" in length with asymmetrical equipment.

I know its a trial and error process. With most of the stuff I seem not to be all over the place. Just seem to be frustrated with the whole process. When you get down to it I like the looks that Low rg layouts give me (example 70 x 2 3/4 x 20), and pin axis also works well for me. I feel like I am still trapped on a plateau and want to continue to get better.

I think that If I drilled stuff with longer pin buffers I would have to lower my drilling angles to make it work. What I mean is since my ball speed and rev rate are pretty much equal. And my tilt being higher than normal at 30 degrees and my rev rate being lower normal at 40 degrees my dual angle sweet spot should or would come out to be around 90 degrees plus or minus 20 degrees since I am a good bowler. Now what I mean by lowering my dual angle drilling angles would be instead of say 30 x 5 x 60. I think I would have to be 25 x 5 x 45 to get the ball read better?? I want to be able to play smoother and straighter. Being left handed I want to be able to control the pocket more.

Maybe I am way off the page here. I have asked others on this sight for help and I have read pretty
much everything on BCU page without taking the test. If anyone wants to help message me back or private message me.

Thanks
Left handed
Ball Speed 17
Average THS: 209
Average on Sport: 193
Axis Rotation: 55*
Axis Tilt: 20*
PAP: 4 11/16 left up 1/2"
ads
THS Average: 205
Positive Axis Point: 5 5/8 up 3/4
Speed: 14 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 60

Re: Pushing Pins buffers

Post by ads »

Just share my own story.

It is a trial and error process indeed. Very time (and money) consuming. I have redrilled more than 20+ balls with different layouts to taste the differences in ball motion. The results vary a lot. Some layouts work well with some balls but not the others, some layouts work better on some THS condition but not the others. Let alone changes in my physical game .

As you may see from my spec below that, I am a match or slight rev dominant player, low AT and average AR. My angle sum should be somewhere between 90-100 and the ratio between 1.75: to 2:1.

However, after multiple rounds of trials. Seems that 1:1.25 works best to most THS patterns. All I need to do is adjust ball surface. Regarding PAP-PIN, I tried both higher flare and lower flare distance. Low flare works better even on sport patterns. Perhaps because of my low AT and average AR.

My 20 cents.
Adrian
Right handed
PAP: 5 1/8 up 3/4
Speed: 15.5 mph (Kegel Specto)
Rev: 350 RPM
Axis tilt: 18-20*
Axis rotation: 60*
kzues765
THS Average: 212
Sport Average: 196
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 left and up 1/2
Speed: 18
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: n/a

Re: Pushing Pins buffers

Post by kzues765 »

Adrian,

It is a trial and error process indeed there is nothing like drilling a ball and finding out that it trash. Then you invest more time and money into plugging it and then re drilling it find out you like it in one particular house and take it to another house and find out its trash there. So then you are back to square one again. Its is never a winning battle. Just when you get dialed into a shot and the lane man changes the shot. Its happened to me. One center had a low viscosity oil pattern and the balls just flew off the spot at the end of the pattern. I know lanes all play different and I do keep a jurnal of every lane I have ever bowled on. No two lanes are the same. In one particular house they wanted to hold the pattern for most of the entire night. They changed to that Kegel Defense oil which makes the carry down less likely. Before the shot tightened up as you bowled. It worked but you could not swing the ball anymore. And the scoring pace dropped. I have bowled in centers on back to back nights where the shots were like night and day. One play the track area and the next night you were swinging 15. Its extremely frustrating trying to find a happy medium when you are bowling.
Left handed
Ball Speed 17
Average THS: 209
Average on Sport: 193
Axis Rotation: 55*
Axis Tilt: 20*
PAP: 4 11/16 left up 1/2"