1"-2" pin

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

cstanford03
THS Average: 209
Preferred Company: Strom

1"-2" pin

Post by cstanford03 »

So lately I've been getting customers in the shop that bought a ball online at bowlingball.com or other sites and they have a 1"-2" pin what kind of layout have you guys been using for this? i haven't had a whole lot of these in the past (which I've only been drilling balls for 3 years or so). Anyways any help will be appreciated.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: 1"-2" pin

Post by MegaMav »

Depends upon the ball and the bowler's release specs.
1-2" pin with low top is a completely different animal from high top.
ads
THS Average: 205
Positive Axis Point: 5 5/8 up 3/4
Speed: 14 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 60

Post by ads »

cstanford03 wrote:So lately I've been getting customers in the shop that bought a ball online at bowlingball.com or other sites and they have a 1"-2" pin what kind of layout have you guys been using for this? i haven't had a whole lot of these in the past (which I've only been drilling balls for 3 years or so). Anyways any help will be appreciated.

I recently brought a 2" pin Guru Master from the net. 1st reason is it has a high discounts and 2nd is I decided to give it a pin next to ring finger layout (VAL 50) . So a 2" pin will not place the CG too far down the mid line. (I have a small palm. My cut to cut distance is only 4")

If PIN up layout is used for 1-2" pin ball, the CG will be close to fingers and may end up with excessive finger weight. The choice of balance hole location is limited.
Adrian
Right handed
PAP: 5 1/8 up 3/4
Speed: 15.5 mph (Kegel Specto)
Rev: 350 RPM
Axis tilt: 18-20*
Axis rotation: 60*
cstanford03
THS Average: 209
Preferred Company: Strom

Post by cstanford03 »

ads wrote:

I recently brought a 2" pin Guru Master from the net. 1st reason is it has a high discounts and 2nd is I decided to give it a pin next to ring finger layout (VAL 50) . So a 2" pin will not place the CG too far down the mid line. (I have a small palm. My cut to cut distance is only 4")

If PIN up layout is used for 1-2" pin ball, the CG will be close to fingers and may end up with excessive finger weight. The choice of balance hole location is limited.

Kinda what I was thinking I put down a couple layouts and couldn’t really get anything that was legal I’ll play with it some more and see what I can do... he’s a new bowler so this is one of his first balls
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Those short pin balls are great for bowlers who don't use their thumb as static weights are checked from the center of the bridge for no thumb bowlers. If you can't find a layout you like you could try to sell it to a no thumb bowler.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17 mph
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

Post by J_w73 »

Rico'ish (pin at center grip) with no weight hole if still legal, or weight hole if needed or to change motion.
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+