Which type of RG, differential, and layouts for my game?

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

mbond30
Preferred Company: Hammer

Which type of RG, differential, and layouts for my game?

Post by mbond30 »

I am a right handed player, more rev dominant. I throw 15 lb equipment kinda slow, around 13 mph but still with a decent amount of revs. I tried going down to 14# but it throws my timing off too much. I normally start out throwing around the 12 or 13 board out to around 8 on a 38 foot THS. By the 3rd game my equipment hooks earlier and harder when it hits the dry and is almost uncontrollable, even when I move in towards 15 to 18. I have been considering getting a ball with a full roller type layout to avoid this, but I am not sure what to do. Sometimes I go to urethane for the 3rd game because it is more controllable, but I am sacrificing carry. What would be a good ball and layout for me in this situation when the lanes get dry. What type of RG and differential should I be looking for if I throw it that slow? Please help if you have any suggestions. My average is around 206 but it could be higher if I could conquer the 3rd game dry.

Thanks, Mike
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Which type of RG, differential, and layouts for my game?

Post by EricHartwell »

mbond30 wrote:I am a right handed player, more rev dominant. I throw 15 lb equipment kinda slow, around 13 mph but still with a decent amount of revs. I tried going down to 14# but it throws my timing off too much. I normally start out throwing around the 12 or 13 board out to around 8 on a 38 foot THS. By the 3rd game my equipment hooks earlier and harder when it hits the dry and is almost uncontrollable, even when I move in towards 15 to 18. I have been considering getting a ball with a full roller type layout to avoid this, but I am not sure what to do. Sometimes I go to urethane for the 3rd game because it is more controllable, but I am sacrificing carry. What would be a good ball and layout for me in this situation when the lanes get dry. What type of RG and differential should I be looking for if I throw it that slow? Please help if you have any suggestions. My average is around 206 but it could be higher if I could conquer the 3rd game dry.

Thanks, Mike
Welcome to BowlingChat

Check out this link for the needed information for layout recommendations.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can tell you that using the Full Roller layout is not the solution.

What equipment and layouts are you currently using?
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand