Positive Axis Point: 5 x 1/2 up
Speed: 14 to 15 on score display
Rev Rate: 275
Axis Tilt: 18
Axis Rotation: 45
Preferred Company: Storm, Pyramid & Brunswick

More forward roll

Post by Linknblue »

Is there a ball drilling that will allow me to get more forward roll without changing my release? And I'm talking about a forward roll that is effective. Pin closer to PAP does that but the ball hits flatter than I want.........I then in turn try to turn it more to stop that and get more hit. Dumb, but that's what I do. Are there pitches that can be put in fingers, dropping the span of a finger hole, etc.?

I can release more up the back style but I lose in the long run here because I'm just not consistent with that release....55 years of going around the ball is hard to break.
John H. in Lincoln, CA
PAP =5 over and 1/2" up
Rev Rate = 275
Speed = 14 - 15 on monitor
Axis Rotation = 55 degrees
Axis tilt = 18 degrees
Average = 215 house & 200 sport
55 years of bowling = old guy trying to keep up
LittleTiger

Re: More forward roll

Post by LittleTiger »

Linknblue wrote:Is there a ball drilling that will allow me to get more forward roll without changing my release?
Asymmetric bowling balls with smaller drill angle and enough surface will roll early.

Good place to start looking for is wiki page about Sport Bowling Layouts

Linknblue wrote:And I'm talking about a forward roll that is effective. Pin closer to PAP does that but the ball hits flatter than I want.........I then in turn try to turn it more to stop that and get more hit.
Based on wiki page: "Asymmetrical and Symmetrical Core Track Flare Chart - Pin to PAP Distance" I have understood that on asymmetrical bowling balls it is actually longer PIN to PAP value which makes ball roll more forward.
Maximum suggested value for PIN to PAP is 5.5" (source: Mo Fact Sheet)
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

Linknblue wrote:Is there a ball drilling that will allow me to get more forward roll without changing my release? And I'm talking about a forward roll that is effective. Pin closer to PAP does that but the ball hits flatter than I want.........I then in turn try to turn it more to stop that and get more hit. Dumb, but that's what I do. Are there pitches that can be put in fingers, dropping the span of a finger hole, etc.?

I can release more up the back style but I lose in the long run here because I'm just not consistent with that release....55 years of going around the ball is hard to break.
What layouts and balls are you using?
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
russelldean
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 5 up 1/4
Speed: 20
Rev Rate: 400
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 60
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Post by russelldean »

How far is your index and pinky spread? Experiment with moving them together with ring and middle
Please click the Green Button, If i have been helpful..