Ball advice comming from Hammer

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

Kwagoner82
Preferred Company: Hammer

Ball advice comming from Hammer

Post by Kwagoner82 »

Good Evening Guys,

I am looking for some insight. I have been a loyal Hammer guy for years in all honestly and have not been too thrilled with the newest releases. I have had in recent years : Hammer Widow Pearl, Hammer No Mercy, Hammer No mercy Beaten, Widow Assasin, Raw Hammer Jacked, Raw Hammer Anger. I may have missed one or two. I bowl on three leagues so needless to say my aging fleet of Widow Assasin, Pearl and Jacked are pretty much shot. I did not realize how bad until i picked up the new Jackpot.

I am enjoying the ball but do have a couple issues with it. I wouldn't call myself a cranker i think maybe a tweener? I hit around 15.5 mph slide around 8-10 boards left of center and hit the 15 board. This is the first pearl ball i haven't sanded down in one game. While it works well i do have some issues going right and have it over hook pretty badly because of the patterns i bowl on being really dry outside of 7. With that said i want to pick up a couple compliments to it. One with more of a continuous hook to replace my Jacked and one to replace my assassin. The assassin is my go to bowl as it really hooks and usually allows the most room for error. Sadly being i had it upon release its basically dead. I was thinking of the cash but i cannot think of one bowler on my classic league that uses them. In my area Storm, Hammer and Roto Grip are what everyone uses as the most popular shops push Storm and Roto Grip unless you tell them you want something else. The pro shop that has been drilling my balls for years suggested the jackpot.

What would people suggest for a couple compliments for replacements. I think i want to give Radical a Shot

I should Mention i am usually around 210 in three different houses that are nothing a like so i can adapt and adjust.
river800
THS Average: 202
Preferred Company: Storm/radical

Re: Ball advice comming from Hammer

Post by river800 »

Welcome to BowlingChat!

How do you feel about your current PSO drilling your stuff, grip and layout wise? In order for us to recommend more specific balls, we need some basic specs from you such as ball speed off hand or at the pin deck, approximate rev rate, axis tilt and axis rotation.

Do you happen to know how your jackpot is drilled? Is it the pearl, or the solid version that just came out? What type of house shot do you bowl on if you know?

A very good ball to go under the jackpot would be the rack attack solid to be when you need something that is smoother over all. It has a milder cover stock with a basic light bulb type of core. Are you looking for something to go longer and allow you to move in more compared to the jackpot? If so, the ridiculous pearl would be a good candidate.
Stats:
Right handed
Pap is 4 3/4 x 3/8 up currently
Speed around 16.5 off hand
Tilt in the 14-16* range
Rev rate: around 325 - 350 or so
Axis rotation in the 25-70* range
I bowl on Brunswick synthetics. Ths...
Kwagoner82

Post by Kwagoner82 »

I honestly do not have my ball I formation I will have to check and find out how to get that for you. I am looking for something a little longer and smoother and something stronger but I don't prefer my strongest ball to be that angular gets me into a lot of trouble that way.
Kwagoner82

Post by Kwagoner82 »

I do know my speed at the reader is usually around 15.5. I used to be around 17.5 but a bad knee is keeping my speed down. As far as my current drilling goes all my balls feel the same and they have always been very comfortable the same person has been drilling my balls since i was 16 years old. I have had only a couple drilled by other people and hated the way the felt.

my pin is almost always slighly to the right and down from ring finger, I am right handed. I prefer to let the ball slide outside and come back. I will work on figuring out the information you need hopefully this weekend. My jackpot is drilled to match. It feels good off my hand. outside it likes to rev up and overhook pretty badly at times. I think it is due to our patterns are usually pretty dry on the outside. This is the only pearl ball i have every really given a shot without sanding it down to 1000 then back up to 2000. pearls are usually hard for me to control