want recomendation

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

steve s
Preferred Company: none

want recomendation

Post by steve s »

What ball and layout ( if you have a recommendation) for a left hander ..heavy oil on his side...never breaks down in the 3 game block...18 mph at camera , has the revs to match, very versatile player with hand..can up the gutter or swing from inside if needed...thanks...steve s PS : He and I don't need or want to the letter lay out , just general idea of small angles or large ones...cover dominate or core dominate a specific ball if you have an opinion or preference...
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: want recomendation

Post by Mo Pinel »

steve s wrote:What ball and layout ( if you have a recommendation) for a left hander ..heavy oil on his side...never breaks down in the 3 game block...18 mph at camera , has the revs to match, very versatile player with hand..can up the gutter or swing from inside if needed...thanks...steve s PS : He and I don't need or want to the letter lay out , just general idea of small angles or large ones...cover dominate or core dominate a specific ball if you have an opinion or preference...
Guru Master is the ball of choice. Sum of the angles should be about 75*. Angle ratio will depend on the bowler's initial axis tilt.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
steve s

Post by steve s »

thanks Mo. we have discussed that ball ...He mentioned a newer release , supreme? Can you give me some info on the latest release ? Thanks Steve S
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

steve s wrote:thanks Mo. we have discussed that ball ...He mentioned a newer release , supreme? Can you give me some info on the latest release ? Thanks Steve S
Check out the Radical BT website to start!
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
steve s

Post by steve s »

What is the difference between the supreme and the master...? specs are the same and covers appear the same...in finish..
steve s

Post by steve s »

finally got to drill the Guru Master...used a 35 x4 x 35 drill pattern ...great results as expected...Thanks Mo for the advise ....Next project is a Ridicules for a r/h on the house pattern ...Steve S
steve s

Post by steve s »

drilled it tonight ...279 first game out of the box....one pesky 10 pin ...the operator can't tell the difference in hit from his 15 lb stuff before his back operation .....10 in the pit every time ...great ball ....Steve S
river800
THS Average: 202
Preferred Company: Storm/radical

Post by river800 »

steve s wrote:drilled it tonight ...279 first game out of the box....one pesky 10 pin ...the operator can't tell the difference in hit from his 15 lb stuff before his back operation .....10 in the pit every time ...great ball ....Steve S
Thanks for sharing, that is great! Make sure to keep the ball clean and the surface adjusted accordingly ;)
Stats:
Right handed
Pap is 4 3/4 x 3/8 up currently
Speed around 16.5 off hand
Tilt in the 14-16* range
Rev rate: around 325 - 350 or so
Axis rotation in the 25-70* range
I bowl on Brunswick synthetics. Ths...
steve s

Post by steve s »

he is good about taking care of the surface...he has learned how important that is a few years ago...Hope he does good tonight in league....Steve S