PAP Help

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

pocketpete
Preferred Company: Morich

PAP Help

Post by pocketpete » July 26th, 2015, 5:31 am

Hello All. Thanks for any help. Marked tracks on 3 of my balls. used Amadillio to get the pap's. the up is the same but the across is different.,,Awesome rev's, colossus supreme, original yeti. I have two Reax and one torrid elite to drill..After getting the different tracks , throwing it the same as I can, got me in a bad place. Im right handed , 14.50 speed by monitor,10.5 to 11 inch wide track, power stroker, pap 5 7/8 to 6 1/2..depends on the ball. awesome rev's is 5 7/8 x 1 1/8 up ..colossus is 6 1/2 x 1 1/8 up..yeti is 5 1/4 x 1 1/8 up..I have a couple of balls to drill...reax #1 is 15.3, 3.5oz top, 3-4 pin,cg is left of line between pin and mass b by 1 1/2 inches... Reax 2 is 15.4, 4oz top, 3-4 pin, pin cg and mass b in line. Torrid Elite is 15.4 pin 2-3 , 4oz top . Need some help with finding the right pap, and layout advice for the 3 balls. Thanks Again. Hope Mo is doing well. Saw him at a demo when the awesomes came out, at Steve Cooks house , when he was traveling with Del Warren, and he gave me some help with loosing the ball into the lane and not getting out on the lane. Help my carry alot. Thanks Mo...Pockpete

LabRat
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 208
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: PAP Help

Post by LabRat » July 26th, 2015, 11:51 am

Something is seriously wrong with your measurements, I think - if your track is 10.5 - 11" across, and your PAP is more than 6" over you'll be tracking over the grip. Check that all the balls are drilled the same first, then check the PAP by taping it and videoing the release.
Last edited by LabRat on July 26th, 2015, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chemistry is like cooking - just don't lick the spoon.

Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel » July 26th, 2015, 12:24 pm

pocketpete wrote:Hello All. Thanks for any help. Marked tracks on 3 of my balls. used Amadillio to get the pap's. the up is the same but the across is different.,,Awesome rev's, colossus supreme, original yeti. I have two Reax and one torrid elite to drill..After getting the different tracks , throwing it the same as I can, got me in a bad place. Im right handed , 14.50 speed by monitor,10.5 to 11 inch wide track, power stroker, pap 5 7/8 to 6 1/2..depends on the ball. awesome rev's is 5 7/8 x 1 1/8 up ..colossus is 6 1/2 x 1 1/8 up..yeti is 5 1/4 x 1 1/8 up..I have a couple of balls to drill...reax #1 is 15.3, 3.5oz top, 3-4 pin,cg is left of line between pin and mass b by 1 1/2 inches... Reax 2 is 15.4, 4oz top, 3-4 pin, pin cg and mass b in line. Torrid Elite is 15.4 pin 2-3 , 4oz top . Need some help with finding the right pap, and layout advice for the 3 balls. Thanks Again. Hope Mo is doing well. Saw him at a demo when the awesomes came out, at Steve Cooks house , when he was traveling with Del Warren, and he gave me some help with loosing the ball into the lane and not getting out on the lane. Help my carry alot. Thanks Mo...Pockpete
Let's do some confirming of the measurements. Put a piece of tape on your measured PAP and see if the ball rotates about that PAP as it hits the lane. You'll have to have someone watch it as the tape will move as the ball flares. Another way to confirm the PAP is to find the center of the ball track and measure 13 1/2" from that in any direction to find the PAP. I use that method when an Armadillo is not available.

rocketman1964
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/4 over 3/4 up
Speed: 14.5 - 15.5 Monitor
Rev Rate: 260
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 63
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by rocketman1964 » July 26th, 2015, 7:43 pm

Mo Pinel wrote:
Let's do some confirming of the measurements. Put a piece of tape on your measured PAP and see if the ball rotates about that PAP as it hits the lane. You'll have to have someone watch it as the tape will move as the ball flares. Another way to confirm the PAP is to find the center of the ball track and measure 13 1/2" from that in any direction to find the PAP. I use that method when an Armadillo is not available.
Mo,

Would you mind explaining what you mean by finding the center of the ball track in a bit more detail? I cannot seem to visualize that in my head. I don't have an armadillo so I am really interested in this method of determining your PAP. Thanks so much.
Rob

RH Wiki Fit:
MF 4 5/8, 3/8 L, 3/8 R
RF 4 11/16, 1/2 R, 3/8 R
Thumb 1/8 Rev, 3/8 L
Axis Tilt 11 deg
Axis Rotation 63 deg
260 Revs
PAP 5 1/4 over 3/4 up
Speed 14.5 - 15.5 Monitor
House shot. Sport or PBA on rare occasion.

Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by Mo Pinel » July 27th, 2015, 1:59 am

rocketman1964 wrote:
Mo,

Would you mind explaining what you mean by finding the center of the ball track in a bit more detail? I cannot seem to visualize that in my head. I don't have an armadillo so I am really interested in this method of determining your PAP. Thanks so much.

Find the spot on the surface of the ball inside the circle of the first oil ring of the ball track that is equidistant from every spot on the first oil ring. That's the NAP. The PAP is 13 1/2" from the NAP.

JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP » July 27th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Mo Pinel wrote:
Find the spot on the surface of the ball inside the circle of the first oil ring of the ball track that is equidistant from every spot on the first oil ring. That's the NAP. The PAP is 13 1/2" from the NAP.
This is the same thing you do when you set the ball on an ashtray (or a spinner) and adjust until the flare line is equidistant from the bottom all the way around. The center of the ring (NAP) is on the bottom of the ball and the PAP is on the top of the ball, which is also 13.5" from the NAP. -- JohnP

pocketpete

Post by pocketpete » July 28th, 2015, 11:27 pm

Hello Mo & and All. Worked on the pap and using the Yeti. [Have not put the Mo hole in it Yeti, still testing]. It was constantly 5 1/4 over 1 1/8 up .I was more constant with my release with this ball. Measure across my track and its 11 inches. The speed is the same off the monitor. Thinking to add a Primo to make a good group of balls. Should I keep and drill the 2 Reax or get something with better top weight for me. need some help with layouts when you get some time. Thanks to whose who are helping me. Pocketpete

Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by Mo Pinel » July 29th, 2015, 3:10 am

pocketpete wrote:Hello Mo & and All. Worked on the pap and using the Yeti. [Have not put the Mo hole in it Yeti, still testing]. It was constantly 5 1/4 over 1 1/8 up .I was more constant with my release with this ball. Measure across my track and its 11 inches. The speed is the same off the monitor. Thinking to add a Primo to make a good group of balls. Should I keep and drill the 2 Reax or get something with better top weight for me. need some help with layouts when you get some time. Thanks to whose who are helping me. Pocketpete
That's much better and you have 17* of initial axis tilt.

pocketpete

Post by pocketpete » July 29th, 2015, 3:27 am

Hello Mo. Thank You for the responds. When You get a chance can you respond to the rest of my last post. Thank You Pocketpete

Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by Mo Pinel » July 29th, 2015, 1:04 pm

pocketpete wrote:Hello Mo. Thank You for the responds. When You get a chance can you respond to the rest of my last post. Thank You Pocketpete
Those balls will do fine, but they will roll a little smoother than some of the new Radical balls. With 17* of tilt, that should be fine.

Drill the Reax #1 45 x 4" x 30 with a P3 hole
Drill the Reax #2 80 x 3 3/4" x 30 no hole
Do a MOtion hole layout on the Torrid.

pocketpete

Post by pocketpete » July 29th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Thank You Mo. The Primo is a ball I would like to drill also. Could You help me with that as well. Thank You Pocketpete

pocketpete

Post by pocketpete » July 30th, 2015, 3:42 am

Hello Mo. Maybe I can use one of the Reax for a drier lane layout and get a Guru Master to replace one of the drillings you are suggesting, and get a Primo in there as well. Well again Thank You for Your Time and Effort for me...Pocketpete

Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by Mo Pinel » July 30th, 2015, 12:20 pm

pocketpete wrote:Thank You Mo. The Primo is a ball I would like to drill also. Could You help me with that as well. Thank You Pocketpete
Drill Primo with a Motion Hole and sand it 1000/4000 to start.

pocketpete

Post by pocketpete » October 4th, 2015, 4:22 pm

Thanks Mo. Primo and Torrid work as u said. I have been thinking about keeping one the reax balls, drilling for drier lane condition and getting a couple of the stronger balls of radical line to fill up my arsenal. Could u suggest which reax for drier. Im thinking to add the Ridiculous and the Supreme.. Thanks Again Mo.

Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by Mo Pinel » October 4th, 2015, 5:52 pm

pocketpete wrote:Thanks Mo. Primo and Torrid work as u said. I have been thinking about keeping one the reax balls, drilling for drier lane condition and getting a couple of the stronger balls of radical line to fill up my arsenal. Could u suggest which reax for drier. Im thinking to add the Ridiculous and the Supreme.. Thanks Again Mo.
Reax are gone now. For drier lanes, drill a Guru Mighty 90 x 2 1/4 x 45. Start at factory finish (500/4000).

pocketpete

Post by pocketpete » October 4th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Hello Mo. Thanks for getting back to me, but I think you missed the #1 post that I have 2 Reax that u gave me suggestions for drilling. thought I would drill one of them for drier lanes and still get some hit with. Thought I might add a Supreme and a Ridiculous to make an arsenal. Thanks Again For Your Time.

Mo Pinel
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by Mo Pinel » October 4th, 2015, 9:29 pm

pocketpete wrote:Hello Mo. Thanks for getting back to me, but I think you missed the #1 post that I have 2 Reax that u gave me suggestions for drilling. thought I would drill one of them for drier lanes and still get some hit with. Thought I might add a Supreme and a Ridiculous to make an arsenal. Thanks Again For Your Time.
Drill the Reax #1 for drier lanes. Drill it 55 x 4 1/2 x 50 sanded 1000/5000 to start for drier lanes. Hope I got it right this time. The Mighty would be a good ball too.

pocketpete

Post by pocketpete » October 5th, 2015, 12:10 am

No to my thinking of a Supreme and Ridiculous.? Thanks Again Mo.....Hope All is Well with You and Yours......