Board index » General Forums » Layout Advice

Post subject: PAP Help
 Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:31 am Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Hello All. Thanks for any help. Marked tracks on 3 of my balls. used Amadillio to get the pap's. the up is the same but the across is different.,,Awesome rev's, colossus supreme, original yeti. I have two Reax and one torrid elite to drill..After getting the different tracks , throwing it the same as I can, got me in a bad place. Im right handed , 14.50 speed by monitor,10.5 to 11 inch wide track, power stroker, pap 5 7/8 to 6 1/2..depends on the ball. awesome rev's is 5 7/8 x 1 1/8 up ..colossus is 6 1/2 x 1 1/8 up..yeti is 5 1/4 x 1 1/8 up..I have a couple of balls to drill...reax #1 is 15.3, 3.5oz top, 3-4 pin,cg is left of line between pin and mass b by 1 1/2 inches... Reax 2 is 15.4, 4oz top, 3-4 pin, pin cg and mass b in line. Torrid Elite is 15.4 pin 2-3 , 4oz top . Need some help with finding the right pap, and layout advice for the 3 balls. Thanks Again. Hope Mo is doing well. Saw him at a demo when the awesomes came out, at Steve Cooks house , when he was traveling with Del Warren, and he gave me some help with loosing the ball into the lane and not getting out on the lane. Help my carry alot. Thanks Mo...Pockpete

Post subject: Re: PAP Help
 Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:51 am Post Number: #2 Post
Pro Shop

Reputation Power: 2
Something is seriously wrong with your measurements, I think - if your track is 10.5 - 11" across, and your PAP is more than 6" over you'll be tracking over the grip. Check that all the balls are drilled the same first, then check the PAP by taping it and videoing the release.

Last edited by LabRat on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:24 pm Post Number: #3 Post
Mo Pinel

Reputation Power: 7
pocketpete wrote:
Hello All. Thanks for any help. Marked tracks on 3 of my balls. used Amadillio to get the pap's. the up is the same but the across is different.,,Awesome rev's, colossus supreme, original yeti. I have two Reax and one torrid elite to drill..After getting the different tracks , throwing it the same as I can, got me in a bad place. Im right handed , 14.50 speed by monitor,10.5 to 11 inch wide track, power stroker, pap 5 7/8 to 6 1/2..depends on the ball. awesome rev's is 5 7/8 x 1 1/8 up ..colossus is 6 1/2 x 1 1/8 up..yeti is 5 1/4 x 1 1/8 up..I have a couple of balls to drill...reax #1 is 15.3, 3.5oz top, 3-4 pin,cg is left of line between pin and mass b by 1 1/2 inches... Reax 2 is 15.4, 4oz top, 3-4 pin, pin cg and mass b in line. Torrid Elite is 15.4 pin 2-3 , 4oz top . Need some help with finding the right pap, and layout advice for the 3 balls. Thanks Again. Hope Mo is doing well. Saw him at a demo when the awesomes came out, at Steve Cooks house , when he was traveling with Del Warren, and he gave me some help with loosing the ball into the lane and not getting out on the lane. Help my carry alot. Thanks Mo...Pockpete

Let's do some confirming of the measurements. Put a piece of tape on your measured PAP and see if the ball rotates about that PAP as it hits the lane. You'll have to have someone watch it as the tape will move as the ball flares. Another way to confirm the PAP is to find the center of the ball track and measure 13 1/2" from that in any direction to find the PAP. I use that method when an Armadillo is not available.

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:43 pm Post Number: #4 Post

Mo Pinel wrote:

Let's do some confirming of the measurements. Put a piece of tape on your measured PAP and see if the ball rotates about that PAP as it hits the lane. You'll have to have someone watch it as the tape will move as the ball flares. Another way to confirm the PAP is to find the center of the ball track and measure 13 1/2" from that in any direction to find the PAP. I use that method when an Armadillo is not available.

Mo,

Would you mind explaining what you mean by finding the center of the ball track in a bit more detail? I cannot seem to visualize that in my head. I don't have an armadillo so I am really interested in this method of determining your PAP. Thanks so much.

RH Wiki Fit:
MF 4 5/8, 3/8 L, 3/8 R
RF 4 11/16, 1/2 R, 3/8 R
Thumb 1/8 Rev, 3/8 L
Axis Tilt 11 deg
Axis Rotation 63 deg
260 Revs
PAP 5 1/4 over 3/4 up
Speed 14.5 - 15.5 Monitor
House shot. Sport or PBA on rare occasion.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:59 am Post Number: #5 Post
Mo Pinel

rocketman1964 wrote:

Mo,

Would you mind explaining what you mean by finding the center of the ball track in a bit more detail? I cannot seem to visualize that in my head. I don't have an armadillo so I am really interested in this method of determining your PAP. Thanks so much.

Find the spot on the surface of the ball inside the circle of the first oil ring of the ball track that is equidistant from every spot on the first oil ring. That's the NAP. The PAP is 13 1/2" from the NAP.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 pm Post Number: #6 Post
Trusted Source

Reputation Power: 3
Mo Pinel wrote:

Find the spot on the surface of the ball inside the circle of the first oil ring of the ball track that is equidistant from every spot on the first oil ring. That's the NAP. The PAP is 13 1/2" from the NAP.

This is the same thing you do when you set the ball on an ashtray (or a spinner) and adjust until the flare line is equidistant from the bottom all the way around. The center of the ring (NAP) is on the bottom of the ball and the PAP is on the top of the ball, which is also 13.5" from the NAP. -- JohnP

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 pm Post Number: #7 Post

Hello Mo & and All. Worked on the pap and using the Yeti. [Have not put the Mo hole in it Yeti, still testing]. It was constantly 5 1/4 over 1 1/8 up .I was more constant with my release with this ball. Measure across my track and its 11 inches. The speed is the same off the monitor. Thinking to add a Primo to make a good group of balls. Should I keep and drill the 2 Reax or get something with better top weight for me. need some help with layouts when you get some time. Thanks to whose who are helping me. Pocketpete

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:10 am Post Number: #8 Post
Mo Pinel

pocketpete wrote:
Hello Mo & and All. Worked on the pap and using the Yeti. [Have not put the Mo hole in it Yeti, still testing]. It was constantly 5 1/4 over 1 1/8 up .I was more constant with my release with this ball. Measure across my track and its 11 inches. The speed is the same off the monitor. Thinking to add a Primo to make a good group of balls. Should I keep and drill the 2 Reax or get something with better top weight for me. need some help with layouts when you get some time. Thanks to whose who are helping me. Pocketpete

That's much better and you have 17* of initial axis tilt.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:27 am Post Number: #9 Post

Hello Mo. Thank You for the responds. When You get a chance can you respond to the rest of my last post. Thank You Pocketpete

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:04 pm Post Number: #10 Post
Mo Pinel

pocketpete wrote:
Hello Mo. Thank You for the responds. When You get a chance can you respond to the rest of my last post. Thank You Pocketpete

Those balls will do fine, but they will roll a little smoother than some of the new Radical balls. With 17* of tilt, that should be fine.

Drill the Reax #1 45 x 4" x 30 with a P3 hole
Drill the Reax #2 80 x 3 3/4" x 30 no hole
Do a MOtion hole layout on the Torrid.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:16 pm Post Number: #11 Post

Thank You Mo. The Primo is a ball I would like to drill also. Could You help me with that as well. Thank You Pocketpete

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:42 am Post Number: #12 Post

Hello Mo. Maybe I can use one of the Reax for a drier lane layout and get a Guru Master to replace one of the drillings you are suggesting, and get a Primo in there as well. Well again Thank You for Your Time and Effort for me...Pocketpete

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:20 pm Post Number: #13 Post
Mo Pinel

pocketpete wrote:
Thank You Mo. The Primo is a ball I would like to drill also. Could You help me with that as well. Thank You Pocketpete

Drill Primo with a Motion Hole and sand it 1000/4000 to start.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:22 pm Post Number: #14 Post

Thanks Mo. Primo and Torrid work as u said. I have been thinking about keeping one the reax balls, drilling for drier lane condition and getting a couple of the stronger balls of radical line to fill up my arsenal. Could u suggest which reax for drier. Im thinking to add the Ridiculous and the Supreme.. Thanks Again Mo.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:52 pm Post Number: #15 Post
Mo Pinel

pocketpete wrote:
Thanks Mo. Primo and Torrid work as u said. I have been thinking about keeping one the reax balls, drilling for drier lane condition and getting a couple of the stronger balls of radical line to fill up my arsenal. Could u suggest which reax for drier. Im thinking to add the Ridiculous and the Supreme.. Thanks Again Mo.

Reax are gone now. For drier lanes, drill a Guru Mighty 90 x 2 1/4 x 45. Start at factory finish (500/4000).

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:46 pm Post Number: #16 Post

Hello Mo. Thanks for getting back to me, but I think you missed the #1 post that I have 2 Reax that u gave me suggestions for drilling. thought I would drill one of them for drier lanes and still get some hit with. Thought I might add a Supreme and a Ridiculous to make an arsenal. Thanks Again For Your Time.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:29 pm Post Number: #17 Post
Mo Pinel

pocketpete wrote:
Hello Mo. Thanks for getting back to me, but I think you missed the #1 post that I have 2 Reax that u gave me suggestions for drilling. thought I would drill one of them for drier lanes and still get some hit with. Thought I might add a Supreme and a Ridiculous to make an arsenal. Thanks Again For Your Time.

Drill the Reax #1 for drier lanes. Drill it 55 x 4 1/2 x 50 sanded 1000/5000 to start for drier lanes. Hope I got it right this time. The Mighty would be a good ball too.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:10 am Post Number: #18 Post

No to my thinking of a Supreme and Ridiculous.? Thanks Again Mo.....Hope All is Well with You and Yours......

Board index » General Forums » Layout Advice