Moderator: Moderators

ballspoint
Speed: 20 mph off the hand
Rev Rate: 250
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 70

6" pin?

Post by ballspoint »

https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/bowlin ... ll-motion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have read this articale and the 6" pin looks interesting, i may redrill my Roto Grip Critical Thoery with this. I have all bases covered in my arsenal and willing to try something different. The ball drilled with a 6" pin to pap is 50 x 6 x 30, any ideas to with drilling please with the 6" pin to pap please. I am after go long on 2nd burn long oil. The Critical Thoery is pearl RG 24.9, DIFF .058 INT DIFF.013...cheers
R/H, 20 mph off hand. 250 Revs.
11* Tilt. 70* Rotation. 5 5/8 x 1"up
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: 6" pin?

Post by EricHartwell »

ballspoint wrote:https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/bowlin ... ll-motion/ I have read this articale and the 6" pin looks interesting, i may redrill my Roto Grip Critical Thoery with this. I have all bases covered in my arsenal and willing to try something different. The ball drilled with a 6" pin to pap is 50 x 6 x 30, any ideas to with drilling please with the 6" pin to pap please. I am after go long on 2nd burn long oil. The Critical Thoery is pearl RG 24.9, DIFF .058 INT DIFF.013...cheers
I would look for a gap in your arsenal.
A 6" pin to PAP is further than anything I would recommend.

The hook phase will be very short and angular. Speed control will be critical, no pun intended.
I think that as soon as the ball sees friction it will flip and want to roll forward.

50-6-30........... the totals are for long oil, the Ratio 1.6:1 is Benchmark for you.
You want to use this ball on a burned up longer pattern. There will be friction in the midlane
I would recommend a low flare layout 80-2-35.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

ballspoint wrote:https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/bowlin ... ll-motion/ I have read this articale and the 6" pin looks interesting, i may redrill my Roto Grip Critical Thoery with this. I have all bases covered in my arsenal and willing to try something different. The ball drilled with a 6" pin to pap is 50 x 6 x 30, any ideas to with drilling please with the 6" pin to pap please. I am after go long on 2nd burn long oil. The Critical Thoery is pearl RG 24.9, DIFF .058 INT DIFF.013...cheers
If you study the article, the long layout with the 6" pin to PAP was on a symmetrical ball. Farther down in the article it shows the 6" pin to PAP on an asymmetrical ball (description only, no video) and it shows that it will face up sooner. That is if you are using the 50* drilling angle. If you use a weaker M.B. placement (90* drilling angle), then it will flare as a symmetrical
ballspoint

Post by ballspoint »

I got my Critical Theory drilled 80 51/2 35, it was against recommendations given here but i wanted to try it. And i works, for me.
It low flare, goes long, very long infact,( freshly resurfaced 1000grit) but still hits solid. Will work medium oil and on the burn in long oil. What i like about it , doesnt flip, just stays in the same roll, as the dry flares are parrell with the wet. So for me it goes straight so no issues hooking in the burn, (too much). But will get back after some comps, as thats when it matters and the real truth shows.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

ballspoint wrote:I got my Critical Theory drilled 80 51/2 35, it was against recommendations given here but i wanted to try it. And i works, for me.
It low flare, goes long, very long infact,( freshly resurfaced 1000grit) but still hits solid. Will work medium oil and on the burn in long oil. What i like about it , doesnt flip, just stays in the same roll, as the dry flares are parrell with the wet. So for me it goes straight so no issues hooking in the burn, (too much). But will get back after some comps, as thats when it matters and the real truth shows.
In your original post you proposed the layout 50-6-30.
You drilled the Critical 80-5.5-35. I hate to tell you this but you Did take into consideration the recommendations given. Higher totals, larger Drilling angle, larger VAL angle and shorter pin, there is nothing in the layout that you did not change. I am glad you did not stick with your original idea and ended up with something usable.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
ballspoint

Post by ballspoint »

EricHartwell wrote: In your original post you proposed the layout 50-6-30.
You drilled the Critical 80-5.5-35. I hate to tell you this but you Did take into consideration the recommendations given. Higher totals, larger Drilling angle, larger VAL angle and shorter pin, there is nothing in the layout that you did not change. I am glad you did not stick with your original idea and ended up with something usable.
The 50-6-30 was the ball drilling in the articale, not what i was going to drill, my mistake in wrting. The ball is working fine thanks, as i said it goes a bit too long, but as it was an experiment i will live with what i have, or may change it.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

If it goes a bit too long you can try adding some surface.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
ballspoint

Post by ballspoint »

With the 6"pin to pap on medium oil this is working great, its so matched up i strike at will, 1430 last week, and getting 1300's other weeks at league. I guess i just got lucky with the layout.