Grease Monkey Pow vs Reax Black

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
AJCZAR
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 over 7/8 up
Speed: 18 MPH off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75

Grease Monkey Pow vs Reax Black

Post by AJCZAR »

Hello,

I recently was able to get my grubby little paws on a Black Reax Solid. So far, I absolutely love the ball. Additionally, I will be getting a Grease Monkey Pow. How do these balls compare in terms of reaction? Will the Pow slot above or below the Reax?

Thanks in advance
halfaclue
THS Average: 212
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 x 1/8 up
Speed: 19 off hand
Rev Rate: 405
Axis Tilt: 18
Axis Rotation: 65*
Heavy Oil Ball: REAX Version 2
Medium Oil Ball: Yeti Untamed
Light Oil Ball: Grease monkey
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Grease Monkey Pow vs Reax Black

Post by halfaclue »

Black REAX is asymmetrical and the Grease Monkey POW is symmetrical, I know you know this part already, but just in case someone else doesn't.

In my opinion, the black REAX should be above the POW in your bag. That being said it will depend on how you have them drilled and what conditions you face.

If I were setting up an arsenal, I would drill the Black REAX to be the hooking ball, the POW to be the bench mark and the Grease monkey to be the long/flippy end of the bag. It is my experience with the Grease Monkey and the POW to say that the POW is 4 and 2 (feet/eyes with same layout) stronger than the Grease Monkey. I see the POW as earlier hook, with the same strong finish through the roll phase.

Just my 0.02
Dan

Ball speed: 19 mph (off hand)
Tilt: 18*
Rotation: 55*
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Grease Monkey Pow vs Reax Black

Post by Mo Pinel »

halfaclue wrote:Black REAX is asymmetrical and the Grease Monkey POW is symmetrical, I know you know this part already, but just in case someone else doesn't.

In my opinion, the black REAX should be above the POW in your bag. That being said it will depend on how you have them drilled and what conditions you face.

If I were setting up an arsenal, I would drill the Black REAX to be the hooking ball, the POW to be the bench mark and the Grease monkey to be the long/flippy end of the bag. It is my experience with the Grease Monkey and the POW to say that the POW is 4 and 2 (feet/eyes with same layout) stronger than the Grease Monkey. I see the POW as earlier hook, with the same strong finish through the roll phase.

Just my 0.02
Listen to him! He did the video that's available here.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)