DV8's future?

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
nostrodomas
Preferred Company: dv8

DV8's future?

Post by nostrodomas »

So with the recent news of Bowlmore buying out Brunswick, what will happen to dv8? I really hope bowlmore does not kill a good thong like it has been killingbowling ceters around the states.
KWagner1977
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: DV8's future?

Post by KWagner1977 »

Brunswick is looking for a buyer for their bowling products division. Bowlmor/AMF didn't buy any of the bowling products (Balls,shoes,bags, pinsetters, parts, capital equipment). What this means is Brunswick wants out of the whole entire bowling industry and has started the process by selling their Brunswick Recreation Centers to Bowlmor/AMF. Brunswick's goal as per the press release is to sell these parts (bowling products) of the industry to prospective buyers who want to continue manufacturing the products.

DV8/Brunswick bowling equipment will need to be bought by another bowling ball manufacturer or somebody looking to get into the manufacturing/design business.

Unfortunately this may take time. Brunswick is going to run these businesses as normal till a buyer is found for them but to what extent the research, development and investment from here on out is not known.
Mongo
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2" over, 1 1/2" up
Speed: 18 MPH
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 80
Preferred Company: DV8/Radical

Post by Mongo »

I guess the stockpile is going to grow some.
USBC Silver Certified Coach
JMerrell wrote:Mongo,
We need to work on getting that teddy bear body of yours more open throughout the approach.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

KWagner1977 wrote:Brunswick is looking for a buyer for their bowling products division. Bowlmor/AMF didn't buy any of the bowling products (Balls,shoes,bags, pinsetters, parts, capital equipment). What this means is Brunswick wants out of the whole entire bowling industry and has started the process by selling their Brunswick Recreation Centers to Bowlmor/AMF. Brunswick's goal as per the press release is to sell these parts (bowling products) of the industry to prospective buyers who want to continue manufacturing the products.

DV8/Brunswick bowling equipment will need to be bought by another bowling ball manufacturer or somebody looking to get into the manufacturing/design business.

Unfortunately this may take time. Brunswick is going to run these businesses as normal till a buyer is found for them but to what extent the research, development and investment from here on out is not known.
I've been told to continue on the R & D path that I'm currently on. The technology is part of what they have to sell. Maintain our technology advantage, I've been told.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
nostrodomas

Post by nostrodomas »

Thanks for the replies. After doing more research on the matter I found out the same information as posted above.
mattypizon
THS Average: 203
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8 right x 1 up
Speed: 20 off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 55
Preferred Company: Radical, Storm, Motiv

Post by mattypizon »

So any idea how much the manufacturing side is going for?

Will it be a package deal or would Big B possibly sell Radical/DV8 as separate entities????

Hmmm.........
Rev rate ~ 350
Speed 17.5 at foul line
Tilt 8*
Rotation ~ 55*
PAP 4 1/4 right x 1 up
jbungard
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
THS Average: 209
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/4" over, 3/8" up
Speed: 17 foul line, 15 pindeck
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Ridiculous Asymetrical
Medium Oil Ball: Radical Guru Limited
Light Oil Ball: Radical Rack Attack Solid
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by jbungard »

The following is an excerpt posted by Radical Bowling Technologies' owner, Phil Cardinale, on another bowling forum. This should put the situation in better perspective and help dispel some rumors and misconceptions.

"... First off the Radical Brand is licensed to Brunswick. I still own it. Secondly there is basically no change in the day to day operation of the Brunswick business except for the Retail side (Bowling centers) Brunswick Corporation wanting to exit the business is a strategic move based on their sale of the Centers. Having said that, they want to sell the Capital side and the consumer side, the new owners, who ever they sell it to, are getting a very profitable and viable business. The only change would be that the company will no longer be owned by corporate. This is great because we currently have to play by a different set of rules than the other ball companies play by since Brunswick is publicly traded.
We will see no changes and operations are going on as usual. our plans are to continue to grow the brand at the rate we have experienced thus far.
I have no intention of starting up any additional companies, so no I won't be working to redo Morich.
Not sure what the comment meant" Brunswick bailing out Radical", we set up an arrangement that was a win win for both parties, it was a great opportunity for both companies, especially Radical since it was a huge improvement on manufacturing and R&D side and offered unlimited resources for product development.
So we need to wait and see where the Sale ends up, we will be around for a long time, that I assure you. But Guys, please avoid speculation, lets get the fact straight before we start posting, there are several incorrect post made in this thread alone, do the research before you post, we don't need any rumors, especially in an industry like this.
Thanks
Phil"

(end of quote)
My specs: 15 pound equipment, PAP is 5 1/4" over and 3/8" up, ball speed 17 mph at release, 14 1/2 to 15 mph down lane, 13 degrees of axis tilt, 45 degrees of axis rotation, 330 rpm, for my normal release.
nostrodomas

Post by nostrodomas »

Interesting....