Upgrading

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
06mcltz
Preferred Company: motiv

Upgrading

Post by 06mcltz »

I have a Brunswick Slingshot that I bought 3 years ago when I got back into bowling on a league after a 5 year break. I like the ball but it's time to upgrade to something different. The main center I bowl at lanes are a med-dry. I have always liked motiv's products. I have been looking at the motiv tribal and the motiv venom. I don't want something that is a huge difference from the slingshot but something with a little stronger backend. Any suggestions?
justhere4thefood
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Re: Upgrading

Post by justhere4thefood »

I haven't thrown a Motiv ball, so I can't comment. In the Brunswick line the next step up is a Ringer. I would suggest the Royal Blue Ringer as a nice, even rolling ball. If you want to try Radical, you could try to get a Torrid Affair or a Grease Monkey.
AJCZAR
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 over 7/8 up
Speed: 18 MPH off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75

Post by AJCZAR »

If you are interested in Motiv, and don't want to jump too much from the Slingshot, I'd look at the Ascent Apex. Excellent ball for the price.
spmcgivern
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" and 1/4" up
Speed: 17-18 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 400

Post by spmcgivern »

The Ascent line is more in line with the Slingshot. The newer Ascent Apex is a bit stronger than the original Ascents. If you are looking for a ball similar to the Slingshot, then I feel the original Ascent would be closer to it. The Ascent Apex would be a couple of boards stronger.