suggested house condition?

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
learnmore
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

suggested house condition?

Post by learnmore »

This season my local bowling center has decided to put out the kegel high street pattern for all the leagues. Needless to say compared to last year the majority of the averages are way up. I am going to make a recommendation in my handicap league that we change the pattern. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what pattern would be better? I am looking to bring the scores, and averages down. We have bowlers who normally average 180 averaging 200, and they know they shouldnt be averaging that high. Until I shot 670 2 weeks ago, i was averaging 242. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are bowling on HPL's.
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: suggested house condition?

Post by guruU2 »

Let us see what happens if no more than 40 units are place in the middle for the first 18 feet and no more than 10 units are place in the middle for the next 18 feet. Leave the "pattern" the same. This would be the first step in a transition. Warned the bowlers for two weeks the change is coming.
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
learnmore
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by learnmore »

I would prefer to stick with the kegel patterns as they are. I dont really trust the mechanics here to do any adjustments. I was actually leaning towards the broadway pattern. Something most styles should be able to hit, but not too easy? or is that pattern too tough for the average bowler?
LookingForALeftyWall

Post by LookingForALeftyWall »

My personal opinion is that Broadway as a house condition would be too tough for the average house bowler. Plus, going from a 44 to 37 ft pattern could wreak havoc.

Bourbon Street could be your best bet at 6:1 and 40 ft vs. High Street at 8:1 and 44 ft. With just a little more oil outside, the shot should hold up better and should present a little more of a challenge without being too difficult.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

I just posted a house pattern that is being used very successfully in a house currently. It's in another thread in this forum. Let me know if i can be of any further help, Eddie.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

Mo Pinel wrote:I just posted a house pattern that is being used very successfully in a house currently. It's in another thread in this forum. Let me know if i can be of any further help, Eddie.
I've looked at the pattern in the other post. What does "used very successfully" mean? -- JohnP
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

JohnP wrote: I've looked at the pattern in the other post. What does "used very successfully" mean? -- JohnP
Legal and high scoring, without being too wet/dry.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

Thanks. -- JohnP