Albany Clinic advice paying off! (I think...)

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
CongaJon
THS Average: 173

Albany Clinic advice paying off! (I think...)

Post by CongaJon »

I've never been so happy to have the error of my ways pointed out! Eric and Mr. Mo gave me some guidance on proper wrist cock and technique to gain some tilt. Drove the 30 miles to a house with some oil to work on what I learned. I told the house owner what I was trying to do and he pointed out in game 4 that I was "coming around the side of the ball." I need to lift straight up toward the ceiling. My fingertips will be really sore until I build up some callouses. Yup. Okay. I'll give that a try. :roll: (THAT is exactly what I'm trying my damnedest to unlearn 35 years of.)

I just found that humorous and encouraging and wanted to say thanks again, guys! Mo is probably thinking "I'm surprised he didn't tell him his span is too short!" This is, after all, northern NY.

Can't wait for my Hookr to show up so I can get it drilled and see the difference between it and the AM.

Jon
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Albany Clinic advice paying off! (I think...)

Post by Mo Pinel »

CongaJon wrote:I've never been so happy to have the error of my ways pointed out! Eric and Mr. Mo gave me some guidance on proper wrist cock and technique to gain some tilt. Drove the 30 miles to a house with some oil to work on what I learned. I told the house owner what I was trying to do and he pointed out in game 4 that I was "coming around the side of the ball." I need to lift straight up toward the ceiling. My fingertips will be really sore until I build up some callouses. Yup. Okay. I'll give that a try. :roll: (THAT is exactly what I'm trying my damnedest to unlearn 35 years of.)

I just found that humorous and encouraging and wanted to say thanks again, guys! Mo is probably thinking "I'm surprised he didn't tell him his span is too short!" This is, after all, northern NY.

Can't wait for my Hookr to show up so I can get it drilled and see the difference between it and the AM.

Jon

It's ordered. Had to be shipped in from Reynosa, Mexico. Should be there early next week. You are truly becoming accustomed to this business.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
CongaJon

Post by CongaJon »

Thanks for the update, Mo. I knew they were poured in Mexico and had no doubt it would show up in due time. I am perhaps a tad overexcited, with it being only the second ball I've ever had that truly fit me. Curious to see the difference between a double-thumbed symmetrical and an asym with a P3. Hopefully it will give me a couple solid options for league this year.
CongaJon

Post by CongaJon »

Well, it turns out the new Hookr and new-found tilt were too much. For the pins, that is! Practiced with it twice and my first night in league had a 655, with 288 the second game. Got 10 to start and then let up on the speed and whiffed on the spare attempt. Not real impressive to you folks, I know, but it's my first 650 since switching and has me psyched about bowling again!

Mo changed my layout from a double thumb 60/4/30 on the AM to 50/3.25/25 with a P3 on the Hookr. It's giving me a more defined breakpoint and a more consistent hook. And Mo, I actually use my balance arm without holding a towel now! Thanks again, Gentlemen.
Dustin
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts

Post by Dustin »

Have to ask, what is with the towel?
* MPH @ aarows
* RPM
AR *
AT *
PAP 3 3/4"
(* rebuilding)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson