Just wanted to say hello

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
dunnlw
THS Average: 214
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/8 x 1 3/8^
Speed: 16+ mph off the hand
Rev Rate: 280
Axis Tilt: 15*
Axis Rotation: 65*
Heavy Oil Ball: Enigma, 716T, Dark Encounter
Medium Oil Ball: Omen, Game Breaker, Violent Eruption
Light Oil Ball: Freeze Solid, Cyclone
Preferred Company: Ebonite International Brands

Just wanted to say hello

Post by dunnlw »

Hi Mo & Friends. I just wanted to drop in and say hello since it has been such a long time between posts. Didn't want any of you to think I've forgot about you.....and don't want you to forget about me.

Since Little League fast pitch softball started what little free time I had has been cut to nearly 0.

I am still bowling 2 THS leagues per week, and a Junior Gold league on Saturdays, and either bowling tournaments on both Saturday & Sunday after league, or softball Saturday & bowling tournament Sunday. Softball practice then games, bowling practice too............ Before any of the fun stuff there is home work. All Honors courses, and maintaining a 4.0 is hard work.

My weeks look like this;

-Monday - school, home work, Adult/junior THS league, shower, read, facebook, bed
-Tuesday - school, home work, softball practice or game, shower, read, facebook, bed
-Wednesday - school, home work, bowling practice, church or softball game, shower, facebook, bed
-Thursday - school, home work, softball practice or game, shower, read, maybe facebook, bed
-Friday - school, Junior league, homework, facebook, read
-Saturday - Junior Gold league on WTBA oil, practice with coach assistance, or lesson with Mark, or tournament, dinner, (movie maybe depending on end time of tournament), shower, bed
-Sunday - Bowling tournament somewhere in SoCal or Nevada. Most times we have to go stay in a hotel on Saturday night so I don't have to get up in time for a 2 to 3 hour drive to the tournament, and have time to eat breakfast, drive home, finish up any left over homework, shower, read, facebook, bed

I don't make all the softball games or practices. I have to prioritize, my softball coach knows I bowl, and I chose bowling over softball.....our team has only lost 1 game though and we are way in 1st place.

As for bowling, it has been going really well lately. I went through a bit of a slump trying to focus on correcting too many pieces of my physical game. I was simply thinking too much about every shot. For the past month I have been focusing only on how I get my ball into the swing (push away), and softening up my release, less muscle on the down swing, which is helping improve my finish position.

It seems to be helping. Since my last post about Pepsi I have won 3 more titles, and bowled 3 or 4 more 700 series. I shot 699 in league last night, I had a couple of splits that I couldn't cover, but also had an 8 count on my fill ball 1st game 10th frame. Should have been 700 series number 30. I've also been very close to getting another 300. I can't even begin to recall all of the games I've had with all strikes and 1 spare, and the darn spare is in the middle of the game or first ball of the 10th frame, so not even an 11-in-a-row out of it.

Anyway, enough rambling about nothing, really just wanted to say hello.

Mo - I have only had 1 ball drilled since your last recommendation to my father on the Modern Marvel, which is a mid lane reading beast by the way when you add a little surface. I've been focusing more on understanding what I have in my arsenal. The TM drill for the Cyclone has been behind 2 of my recent 700 series, but I haven't had a chance to get on the actual patterns yet. We increased the size of the balance holes in the Cyclone & Pursuit, and have been playing with surface. The Cyclone has been a winner from day 1, but just now starting to find a niche for the Pursuit, took it down to 500 and it started to show potential on Mexico City. June will be ball testing, arsenal adjusting boot camp.

Thanks everyone. Wish I had time to try and actually help bowlers on the forum. I do help my bowling friends on the lanes by sharing what you have taught me.......at least those that will listen to a little girl.
Ashley N. Dunn
Age 16
I Bowl
Member of Junior Team USA Developmental Squad
State/National/International Champion
High Game 300
High Series 770 (44 700 Series To Date)
jpj6780
Positive Axis Point: 4-5/8" over 1/2"up
Speed: 17 hand
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 16
Axis Rotation: 50
Heavy Oil Ball: Roto Grip Theory 48/4.25/47 p3
Medium Oil Ball: Perpetual Motion 65/2.25/25 p3
Light Oil Ball: Mojave 70/4.25/47
Preferred Company: Morich

Re: Just wanted to say hello

Post by jpj6780 »

Wow keep up the good work. That's some schedule you have there! Looks like it's paying off.
Bahshay

Post by Bahshay »

Looks like you are doing great, and it is great to see young people who know what they want and are going after it. Just make sure you take some time to enjoy yourself too.
PAP- 4 1/8 over, 3/4 up
Speed - 17-18 monitor
Rev Rate - 475
Rotation - 65
Tilt - 12
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

dunnlw wrote:Hi Mo & Friends. I just wanted to drop in and say hello since it has been such a long time between posts. Didn't want any of you to think I've forgot about you.....and don't want you to forget about me.

Since Little League fast pitch softball started what little free time I had has been cut to nearly 0.

I am still bowling 2 THS leagues per week, and a Junior Gold league on Saturdays, and either bowling tournaments on both Saturday & Sunday after league, or softball Saturday & bowling tournament Sunday. Softball practice then games, bowling practice too............ Before any of the fun stuff there is home work. All Honors courses, and maintaining a 4.0 is hard work.

My weeks look like this;

-Monday - school, home work, Adult/junior THS league, shower, read, facebook, bed
-Tuesday - school, home work, softball practice or game, shower, read, facebook, bed
-Wednesday - school, home work, bowling practice, church or softball game, shower, facebook, bed
-Thursday - school, home work, softball practice or game, shower, read, maybe facebook, bed
-Friday - school, Junior league, homework, facebook, read
-Saturday - Junior Gold league on WTBA oil, practice with coach assistance, or lesson with Mark, or tournament, dinner, (movie maybe depending on end time of tournament), shower, bed
-Sunday - Bowling tournament somewhere in SoCal or Nevada. Most times we have to go stay in a hotel on Saturday night so I don't have to get up in time for a 2 to 3 hour drive to the tournament, and have time to eat breakfast, drive home, finish up any left over homework, shower, read, facebook, bed

I don't make all the softball games or practices. I have to prioritize, my softball coach knows I bowl, and I chose bowling over softball.....our team has only lost 1 game though and we are way in 1st place.

As for bowling, it has been going really well lately. I went through a bit of a slump trying to focus on correcting too many pieces of my physical game. I was simply thinking too much about every shot. For the past month I have been focusing only on how I get my ball into the swing (push away), and softening up my release, less muscle on the down swing, which is helping improve my finish position.

It seems to be helping. Since my last post about Pepsi I have won 3 more titles, and bowled 3 or 4 more 700 series. I shot 699 in league last night, I had a couple of splits that I couldn't cover, but also had an 8 count on my fill ball 1st game 10th frame. Should have been 700 series number 30. I've also been very close to getting another 300. I can't even begin to recall all of the games I've had with all strikes and 1 spare, and the darn spare is in the middle of the game or first ball of the 10th frame, so not even an 11-in-a-row out of it.

Anyway, enough rambling about nothing, really just wanted to say hello.

Mo - I have only had 1 ball drilled since your last recommendation to my father on the Modern Marvel, which is a mid lane reading beast by the way when you add a little surface. I've been focusing more on understanding what I have in my arsenal. The TM drill for the Cyclone has been behind 2 of my recent 700 series, but I haven't had a chance to get on the actual patterns yet. We increased the size of the balance holes in the Cyclone & Pursuit, and have been playing with surface. The Cyclone has been a winner from day 1, but just now starting to find a niche for the Pursuit, took it down to 500 and it started to show potential on Mexico City. June will be ball testing, arsenal adjusting boot camp.

Thanks everyone. Wish I had time to try and actually help bowlers on the forum. I do help my bowling friends on the lanes by sharing what you have taught me.......at least those that will listen to a little girl.
Thanks for the update. I agree with the time to be spent getting comfortable with your extensive arsenal. We drilled a lot of balls this season. Please tell your Dad that I miss his texts and our conversations. Try to find time in your busy schedule to remember to breathe.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)