Consistant slide from house to house.

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
oneshot
Preferred Company: Hammer- Mo- rich

Consistant slide from house to house.

Post by oneshot »

How do you keep your footing consistant from house to house ? I have a pair of SST8 so I can change the soles and heels. I have noticed I get a glaze & dirt build up on the heel starts to get slippery then I clean it and it sticks for a while. Also when you shot 10pins (RH) the approaches in the corners are always different. This is really hurting me any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a slight MCL tear. As all the top bowlers know you can't afford to make any bad shots let alone have trouble on approaches.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Consistant slide from house to house.

Post by Mo Pinel »

oneshot wrote:How do you keep your footing consistant from house to house ? I have a pair of SST8 so I can change the soles and heels. I have noticed I get a glaze & dirt build up on the heel starts to get slippery then I clean it and it sticks for a while. Also when you shot 10pins (RH) the approaches in the corners are always different. This is really hurting me any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a slight MCL tear. As all the top bowlers know you can't afford to make any bad shots let alone have trouble on approaches.
Post a video of you bowling, so we can see if it's related to technique, or if it is truly a shoe issue. I've had to grind the front of the heel for lots of bowlers to eliminate this problem many times.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
oneshot
Preferred Company: Hammer- Mo- rich

Re: Consistant slide from house to house.

Post by oneshot »

Mo. thanks a little filing and sanding the heel and it seems to be working. I have a tournament this weekend we will see. Knee feel better. Thanks What a sight this is.