changing track with linear finger pitches

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
LabRat
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 208
Preferred Company: Storm

Re: changing track with linear finger pitches

Post by LabRat »

Performance fitting a bad fit is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end. Get the basic fit right first, then you can go somewhere.
@elgavachon - are you still having tilt issues?
Chemistry is like cooking - just don't lick the spoon.
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

LabRat wrote:Performance fitting a bad fit is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end. Get the basic fit right first, then you can go somewhere.
@elgavachon - are you still having tilt issues?
The left lateral with the thumb seemed to do the trick. I was using a claw hook on my ring finger & 3/4 reverse on my middle and getting less than 20* since I last posted. Bill Hall looked at my grip (performance fitted) & said he would not change a thing. Joe Slowinski has given me permission to go another 1/2" left (1 1/16" left) & by doing that I had to change the claw grip on my ring finger so I am using 3/4" reverse on both fingers (drilled on the CLT at 23*....7/16" by 7/16"). I will be seeing Bill again soon & am hoping I have not overdone it, but I am very happy with how much I can vary my release right now.
LabRat
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 208
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by LabRat »

OK. One tip that works well for many people is to increase the width of the bridge - this often lowers tilt. Thought it might be worth a shot if all else fails.
Chemistry is like cooking - just don't lick the spoon.
snick
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 196
Sport Average: 180
Positive Axis Point: 5.5625" x .625 up
Speed: 17 off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Streetfight
Light Oil Ball: Rotogrip Hustle Pearl
Preferred Company: Rotogrip

Post by snick »

Increasing the left thumb pitch by 1/2" will probably increase the CLT angle a few degrees, since the base of your hand will tend to lay down flatter on the ball surface.

BTW, if the CLT is rotated counterclockwise 23º relative to the grip-line, so should the pair of finger holes.
ie: for a hypothetical 90º CLT, the pair of finger holes will end up vertically stacked relative to the CLT, unless they are also rotated 90º.
Benchmark Bowling Pro Shop
Byron

RH
PAP: 5.5625 x .625 up
REVRATE: 360
SPEED: 17mph at release
AR: 55º
AT: 17º